New tune

Hi Poppa Willis and Yaz:

You behave very well, together on those tracks… The disipline shines through…
The Lines we waited for, all day, and you did, are tasty…
:agree:
:)

Willie Weeks and Eddy Bayers have the right flavor going on, in the Beds… :p
:laugh:
Mac McAnally should hear your acoustic guitar track(s) on this…
The Amplitude Envelope is stellar… looks great on n-Track…
you took care of those FoUR…
from what I can see here…
I see some artifacts…
Could be the file conversion…
??

I don’t think this stuff is done much, these days…
It Should BE…

It makes me wantta put my bass on to see if I can play it… With you.

When will the video be released ????

Bill…

yep Bill - you need to plug that bass in now and then!
thanks for the kind words!

Yre supposed to do registry chopps and scales…
and all… every day…
It keeps the hands and fingers from freezing up…
When I was playing every day I never imagined I would ever consider talking and thinking that way…

I’m gonna do a search for that steel guitar player over in the UK…

He’s got some pile of YouTube stuff…

I try to play everyday - most days I do. Only do scales when I’m on a new tune or new key just to get my ‘bearings’.

Quote:

Yeah... IF we were to show up to "rescue" him, he'd probably pull a 9mm from another holster and SHOOT US.

the golden rule is to shoot the hostage. then the captors all belong to us!

don't take it personal bro.

Sounds good! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Thanks for the concern over my welfare guys. But, no need for a rescue mission, I’ll just tough it out :laugh:
By the way, the 3 girls were singers in the now sadly defunct band, in fact they closed down that bar now as well (hope it wasn’t anything I did) :cool:

i really enjoyed it pw and yaz, thanks for sharing. it reminded me of willie nelson’s style. to my ear it begs a little dobro. try using realband to add a smidge of dobro and/or country fiddle and see what you think. :D :D

hmmm - thanx for the listen Don - dunno if I have a slow fiddle - think I only have the bluegrass one - Dobro I have though. I’ll check it out - thanks!

pw, the slow fiddle is called ‘george jones’ or somesuch. maybe just ‘george’. i would love to try it for you but a recent trojan forced me to wipe my hard drive and i haven’t been able to get biab or realband reinstalled correctly again. :disagree: i’m thinking about upgrading to v2009.5 anyway so i will just wait till then. :;):

Hi Don Gaynor:

Are you here on this thread, yet?
Isn’t that some nice stuff, what’s going on there?

Most of you guys are Over-the-Top with experience around MIDI and VSTi’s and all…
sometimes I wish I was there…
Sadly, NO…
:p
Maybe, some day…
we’ll see…

I can remember back in the mid 90’s
we ended up in this studio up-the-road…
This guy had some kind of a Casio Keyboard…
I didn’t pay much attention to it…
However, it had a CD reader in the side of it…
I think you could load instruments/samples/whatever, in this thing and you could sound like any instrument you choose by playing what you loaded from the CD, then, on the keyboard…

Anyway, we needed a fiddle line for a song we were tracking…
This guy said he didn’t know exactly what we were looking for for the track we wanted…
but he would work on it after we were gone…

The guy who controlled the purse strings thought for a moment and decided that he wouldn’t be able to come back and we would move on without the fiddle track…

Was this kind of stuff available back in the early-to-mid 90’s ???? OR…
am I only dreaming that with this keyboard, he could have supplied us with a fiddle track.
????
from this keyboard, way back then…

Bill

Don - none of the 3 george ballad styles give me real fiddle… bummer. I think I may have to buy that set.

Well I would offer to do a live fiddle part, but Poppa would send me to the corner again and have me count to 10,000.
:laugh:

Ok, ok I’m going.

One Mississippi
Two Mississippi
. . . . .

heheee - now now, I ain’t that bad to work with. Am I? geeze…

No one noticed, or mentioned so I guess I pulled one off with EZdrummer for those who like production details. The RealDrum track had a missing kick hit on the three count throughout the tune, with a 2 AND hit - synco feel. It got weary to me so I plugged in EZdrummer and layed in a midi track of 3 count kicks. Here.. I think it helped, even though when soloed you can hear the difference in kick hits - in the mix it’s just what I wanted. Final mix.
Which goes to show… what? I’m a picky production guy?

Nah yoose ain’t bad at tall Poppa! I had a blast, just pickin at cha.

Yep that kick makes a big difference! :agree:

#77 on Country charts and heading for #1 with a bullet!

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 20 2009, 9:26 AM)

Which goes to show...... what? I'm a picky production guy?

Thinkin we all do those sort of things PkW

oh, I thought I was the only one who knew what he was doing…

my bad.

bill, no this is new technology called realband from pg music in canada. its real instruments, no midi involved. very nice stuff.

bill,
give a listen to these realtracks demos:

http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthre…t205259

pw,
i think you want set 38, 'slow country’

don :laugh: