new version of n-track

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Red

I started to install the new version and and ntrack said that I need the above file. When I downloaded and tried to install microsoft said not to do it because it won’t work. any ideas.
Mike

Hi Meltinpix6:
I ran into this the other day… I downloaded the .netframwork v2.0 that has been posted…

I have a couple of machines here, including a P-4 1.7 mhz and a P-111 1.2 mhz , both are Intel set-ups. However, I’m on a telephone wire and modem. So It takes me a while to get the v2.0 .net file. When I did finally, I uninstalled the v2.0 bata and upgraded to v2.0, whatever? It worked just fine, with no install issues…

Mabey, I got lucky, or something… ???

I now have n-Track, build 1980 installed and running… But I find it’s continually looking for the saved tracks when I open n-track… N-Track build 1980, is not able to find the saved tracks in the folder that I know they are in… Mabey, It’s got something to do with me, playing with the config, or something. I need to look into this matter…

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

When I downloaded and tried to install microsoft said not to do it because it won’t work. any ideas.

What was the reason given? Do you have .NET 2.0 Beta installed? If so you need to uninstall it first. Is you OS too old for .NET 2.0?

<!–QuoteBegin>

I now have n-Track, build 1980 installed and running… But I find it’s continually looking for the saved tracks when I open n-track… N-Track build 1980, is not able to find the saved tracks in the folder that I know they are in… Mabey, It’s got something to do with me, playing with the config, or something. I need to look into this matter…

That’s interesting Bill. When I opened the files you posted in the Music forum I had the same issues opening your .sng file.

My n-Track is normally well behaved, but I could not persuade it that your files were there when I opened your sng file. I had to create a new sng and import the tracks.

Mark

Hi Mark:
I’ll try to post some more detail regarding this, when I get off the morning run… These files were created with build 1516, I think… But they crossed over in v 4.0.1 and all… I stand corrected. I’d like to find all the .sng files and see if I can group all the files on the project in one big folder… You see, I have 3-4 machines going here… Dual-boot, and all…

My hope was, to get this project to open in another n-Track set-up to see the response of these files. This is fastenating… to say, the least…

Bill…

I’ve got even bigger problems ! Downloaded 1980 which then forced me to download .NET which then forced me to Verify, (although I have a completely legit machine and software) which then told me I needed Windows Installer 3, which then tried to load a checking program, which then told me my browser was incompatible (I use Firefox), which then bombed me out. I’m not a happy bunny

This is what makes me think that it’s best to stick to version 3.3

i use firefox (the latest official version, 1.0.7) and was able to download the latest windows installer. i went here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa…lang=en

you have to download their “genuine checker”. i did this with firefox and ran it. it gives you a keycode which you paste back into the website. doing so enables the link to download the windows installer.

not sure why it didn’t work for you… update firefox or maybe try temporarily setting internet explorer back to your default browser. (open IE -> tools -> internet options -> programs tab -> check “internet explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser”).

you could also try running windows update and see if it gives you the option to update windows installer in the list.