Newbie And Effects

Hi, I am a total newbie to n-Track. I just installed it today, and I am just finding my way around. I have already a hit a major roadblock; I’m sure it’s something simple. Maybe someone can help.

Basically, I cannot get effects to work. I have done the following:

1. imported a wav file to track 1
2. added an effect to aux 1 (n-Track Echo)
3. turned up the aux 1 send on track 1
4. turned up the master return from aux 1

At this point I think I should hear the effect on playback, but no. I tried with various effects. I also tried the same process with aux 2 and the track itself.

When I turn up the aux send, the aux vu meter shows a signal, but when I open the effect it shows no input signal. Of course I’ve tried twiddling a lot of knobs, to no avail.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Tim

try adding the fx to the wav track itself…do it on the channel strip and you should see progress.

Cheers
Cruiser :;):

Did you make sure the gain of the effect itself was up? How about the wet/dry slider/knob?

Mike

Well, I closed and restarted n-Track, and then the effects were working. Maybe it was because it was the first time I launched the program, then added the effects. Anyway, it’s working fine now. Thanks.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Well, I closed and restarted n-Track, and then the effects were working. Maybe it was because it was the first time I launched the program, then added the effects. Anyway, it’s working fine now. Thanks.

Strange. It shouldn’t do that . Glad you got it going.