Newbie needs some help with error message

I’ve installed the latest build and registered the software. I’m trying to verify I have input from my mic but keep getting this error message. I can’t find an index of error messages in the documentation. Can anyone shed some light on the problem?

Audio Driver requested to stop streaming

I’m running a fully patched version of Windows XP using a tascam US-122 for input and I’m running the latest drivers.

Thanks very much.
LaVonne

Are you running any other audio software…even a media player? By default, nTrack will try to lock the audio device(s).

No. Nothing else running at the same time.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Audio Driver requested to stop streaming

That’s one of the errors I got after hitting a crash (fixed in 2179 - what build are you on?), recording in V4 and importing the V4 song into V5.

Have you cold rebooted your machine, including unplugging and replugging the soundcard?

I was getting stuttering duing playback when that happend, but haven’t been able to repro the problem since rebooting.

Audio Driver requested to stop streaming = you are using WDM audio drivers - not an error message but as the drivers (at the time the popup shows) have nothing to stream to soundcard they ask to be stopped - cant happen with Direct Sound / MME / or ASIO drivers -

Dr J

Thanks for the clarification. The dialog clearly says “error” so I assumed it was indeed an error message rather than informational.

I’ll try MME. I understand I can’t use ASIO with different physical input / output devices.

Thanks to all who replied

LaVonne

<!–QuoteBegin>

I understand I can’t use ASIO with different physical input / output devices.

Yeah, and it’s good advice even for device types those that support it. I’ve run into odd issues when the input and output devices are not of the same type.

As a matter of fact, the only way I could use the GuitarPort directly (WDM or MME – never got ASIO to work period) to record was when playing the song out of the GuitarPort (as WDM or MME - same as the input).

I had similar issues when recording with the Gina24 as input and monitoring out the Layla20.