Newbie,No sound

Keyboard hooked up, no response in meter

I have keyboard hooked thru USB, computer recognizes it, no response on meter,
I hashed through all I can find in Tutorials, still nothing.
Im missing something.
Dan

Hi Dankar. Here’s a few things to eliminate.
What sound card are you using?
Also, check in preferences>midi that devices are ‘always open’.
Check you have a track ready to record midi and an instrument loaded.
Making sure the ‘LIVE’ button is active can sometimes be usefull when n-Track is paused or stopped.

Hi dankar:

Do you have more that one choice of audio hardware to use in your setup?
If so, then check/click on the hammers in the record-and-playback meters within n-Track to see what shows up in there…
OR…
open the Audio in the Device Manager and check to see if the correct hardware and drivers are selected in there…
Sometimes the audio drivers and hardware is unable to be selected within n-Track…

I hope that reply helps…

Bill…

To set up to record the Midi, there are several steps that are best explained in the user manual: Here are a couple of things to check right off

In N-track: select Transport from the menu bar
From the Drop down Menu select Record Mode > Audio Plus Midi.
Then check to see that the Green “button display” under the recording VU is showing green (click on it to turn on/off) This will indicate if you are now getting the audio signal

This will set N-track to receive the signal from the Key board - some boards will send both an Audio output and a Midi output - you do not have to have both selected, but this is a good way to see what type of signal you are getting.

From the Main Menu select Audio Devises and see if the keyboard is listed and select it if it is.
You may have to work with the settings in the Settings > Midi fader/control/ setup

To record the midi you will probably be well advised to read the manual you can find in N_Track - just too many options to cover - Go to the Help Menu > Content and then read about recording midi in the chapter 3. You might want to look through the listings of topics and see what else relates to what you want to do.
I hope this helps,
Bax

Wow Guys this is so cool, I finally got it to work and IM not sure what I did.
This is my first experience with studio stuff. I can see Im going to be busy playing with this.
I see how music geeks dont like real jobs, it gets in the way of real music.

Thanks for the input.
Dan

Quote: (dankar @ Aug. 05 2010, 5:18 PM)

Wow Guys this is so cool, I finally got it to work and IM not sure what I did.

This is my first experience with studio stuff.
I can see Im going to be busy playing with this.
I see how music geeks dont like real jobs, it gets in the way of real music.

Thanks for the input.
Dan

I promised myself at the end of the school term, in late June is wasn't going to return to work.. I was gonna retire..

However, I changed my mind.. If I continue that idea, I wouldn't be able to support my habit.. I have three more weeks left before I return to work..

What a shame, for me..

Bill..