Newbie with 60 minute audio interview...

Editing, Compressing, Making a usable CD

Hi folks,

I hate being a newbie but such happens when you download a new program…

My audio file is 60 minutes long… recorded into NTrack in analog from a minidisk player… not worried too much about quality but…

I registered (Yippee) but still managed to make about a dozen or so beeps in my recording by switching tracks on the MD player…

1) How to edit out noise I made…
2) Also how to burn the result to a cd
3) Also how to hopefully have the cd usable by a cd player, not just a computer

Currently, I have an sng file that I am a little unsure how to edit.

Thanks for your help. God bless you.

Jonathan Doll

Good news… compressing and burning my file was no problem…

I am interested in making tracks… I have one 60 minute track… wouldn’t it be nice to have 10 tracks of 10 minutes each…

Ideas?

There’s a few ways to do what you want. The easiest IMO, is to use your CD burning software to mark the tracks where you want them to “break”. Nero supports this feature and I Roxio’s stuff does as well. Barring that, you could highlight everything you wanted for Track 1 then copy and paste it into a new track. Lather, Rinse, Repeat until your tracks are all cut up the way you want 'em. When you mixdown, click the More Options button and choose the one track you want to mix down. Repeat as necessary. See, this method gets kinda tedious. I would check my CD burning software to see if it will allow you to “cut up” the tracks. One long 60 minute mixdown will be MUCH easier to break up if your burning softie supports it.

TG

EDIT** Er…isn’t 10 tracks X 10 minutes == 100 minutes ???
Be tough to fit on one CD…

Ahh, good. I will try this… what about the beeps I added by advancing tracks on my MD player… quite bothersome… ideas?

Perhaps I should cut and paste around these? Just a thought. They are not evaluation copy beeps, cause I bought NTRACK.

Thanks for your help.

- Jonathan

Another thing…

There are currently two tracks, l and r…

Cutting the extra noise out is easy… Ctrl X… But how to make new tracks and not worry about the l and r?

Ideally, I would just have 8-10 tracks of just what data is needed… That would be the best.

Wave Splitter
Wave Splitter from Claudiosoft is a freeware utility that allows you to extract a sample from a .wav file without loading it into memory

All you do is tell wave splitter the start and end time of each segemnt within the originam .wav and it will split things up into individual .wav files.

I have used this to break up live concert recordings into individual tracks.

claudiosoft.online.fr/wavsplit.html