Newest build is crashing windows

Did I do that?

I get a pop-up, it says “There’s a new build. You got 1975. Click here for 1976”( paraphrased slightly). So I click here. Up come download page, I follow the instructions. I get a pop-up, it says " There is a prior install, we have to uninstall it to proceed. Yes or No?". I click yes. Windows uninstalls and then proceeds to install new version. At this point Windows crashes and restarts. Upon restart I have no n-Tracks, because of the uninstall. I go to N homepage and download there ( I would presume the latest and greatest), everything goes fine. When I restart N I get pop-up " Want new build?". I still have the 1975 build! I go through this dance a few times with same results everytime. :angry:
I am only semi-computer literate, so I’m probably doing something stupid, any suggestions?Though I’d like to have the newest build, I am considering giving up all this silly technology, becoming Amish and playing only acoustics for the rest of my life! ???

Ii KkNnOoWw:
That’s a good one… Sorry all you Amish people… I’m painting my chrome bumpers black, cause it’s takes too much energy to drive my wagon into the sun… lol… Well…

I’m downloading build 1976 as I reply to your post… So, your’re saying not to install build 1974? ??? :O

I know… if I don’t go on-line while I open n-track the application wouldn’t prompt me to up-date n-track… It has something to do with NetFrameWork… I think…

Get Flavio to have a look at this before he shuts down for the night. It’s 7pm over there right now. I think…

Bill…

It’s a new feature, bro. Go with “da flow”. :D

Build 1976 of yesterday may have been 1975. Flavio posed the real 1976 last night…I assume. I haven’t picked it up the new one to double-check yet…grabbing it now.

i had the same issue as you but assumed my computer was just on the fritz. it restarted, i attempted the setup file again and it worked okay the 2nd time. i can confirm yesterday something was mislabeled… it said 1976 on the website, but installing it said 1975 in the about window. if you re-download 1976 today, it should be the “real” 1976. i have been testing 1976 this morning and haven’t had anything crash.

Quote (Rectified @ Oct. 22 2005,11:54)
I get a pop-up, it says "There's a new build. You got 1975. Click here for 1976"( paraphrased slightly). So I click here. Up come download page, I follow the instructions. I get a pop-up, it says " There is a prior install, we have to uninstall it to proceed. Yes or No?". I click yes. Windows uninstalls and then proceeds to install new version. At this point Windows crashes and restarts. Upon restart I have no n-Tracks, because of the uninstall. I go to N homepage and download there ( I would presume the latest and greatest), everything goes fine. When I restart N I get pop-up " Want new build?". I still have the 1975 build! I go through this dance a few times with same results everytime. :angry:
I am only semi-computer literate, so I'm probably doing something stupid, any suggestions?Though I'd like to have the newest build, I am considering giving up all this silly technology, becoming Amish and playing only acoustics for the rest of my life! ???

Have you considered knitting? Very low tech.... but the methods are tried and true. Kinda amazingly boring unless you are into watching soaps. :;):

The current 1976 really is 1976. Flavio has fixed the booboo.

Quote (Bubbagump @ Oct. 23 2005,12:59)
Have you considered knitting? Very low tech… but the methods are tried and true. Kinda amazingly boring unless you are into watching soaps. :;):

Everything is copacetic now :cool: :cool:

Not coordinated enough for knitting, no finger dexterity ( which probably explains my guitar skills :( :( )

Quote (Dewey Oxberger @ Oct. 23 2005,12:00)
It’s a new feature, bro. Go with “da flow”. :D

Why do you come here?

Oops.

It’s the only place anyone will talk to him. I suggest we all send him PM with our sympathy.

I sent him a sympathy PM phoo. His mommy wrote back saying he was grounded from the computer because he was playing with his “pee-pee” again?

TG

And now you will have his email address if he responds. Should we sign him up for some online services?

I think justice would be served if we signed him up for non-anesthetic sex change experiments.

TG

Can you do that to someone that’s already ball-less?

Oh, he DOES have balls… on his chin :p :p :p