No contest Winners? Or whinners..

It is with considerable regret that I write this post. According to the rules of this contest, announcements of winners and the prizes they won was to be made within 2 weeks of the closing date of the contest. Since this time frame has come and gone and the winners and prizes they were to win was not announced, it’s not fair and certainly not in the best interest of Fasoft or SoundClick.com whatsoever. Blunder or not it’s also incredibly unfair to the contestants, their families and friends, including the sponsers.

Leo Wilks

The contest was run by volunteers with lives, jobs and families. Give ‘em a break or volunteer yourself to run it next year. :) Just sayin’…

D

With all due respect. I haven’t seen your name here before the contest and wondering why you’re so upset about this? As Diogenes says, this contest was run by people from this forum voluntarily donating thier time and effort to it. I am a contestant and I’m not particularly upset at the delay.
I’m also sure that if this becomes a big issue, it won’t be so easy to find good people willing to give their time to organising next years contest. A little patience is all that’s required…
Ian

I’m new to this home recording thing, recently retired. I was going to enter the contest but I didn’t have anything ready to go. Next year I’ll be in it. Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my post and have no real reason to complain, but I felt even though there are volunteers, I don’t see this as an excuse to not follow rules that were laid out, thats why there are rules. I’m a retired high school teacher with nothing better to do I guess. I thought somebody should step to the plate and at least say something. Perhaps my approach could have been better. For that I’ll eat crow and say, “I’m sorry to any of the volunteers” that may have been effected by my post.

Leo Wilks

Hi Leowilks:

We’re all learning…

I find myself saying things up here that I’d like to take back…
BUT…
Once it’s said up here in Cyber…
yea can’t take-it-back…
:p
:;):
:laugh:

It lives on forever…
The edit button is BrOkE… OR… Is it the “Take-Back” Button… ????

They don’t pay No-Never-Mind to me when I “Go-On” at times…

Bill…

I think the winners are pretty much decided.
We can all read the threads and see for ourselves.
I was in the contest, I didn’t win.
Not a big deal.
I knew when I entered I wasn’t winning anything.
That wasn’t the point.
It was fun and interesting to hear what everyone else is doing musically.
I belong to several websites for musicians.
All of them have their problems with contests and this is one reason why.
No matter how much it is done in fun, there is always someone with a complaint who is caught up in rules and technicalities.
So, most avoid contests.
If you weren’t even in the contest, what difference does it make to you?
I personally want to express my gratitude to everyone who put it together and those who participated.
Most can’t even name the prizes…which were only added as an afterthought anyway by Pop W’s footwork.
The people on this board are a small, friendly group.
Anyone is welcome to join in, but negativity won’t get you very far…especially for your first post.

Sorry, I’m usually pretty quiet around here…

cliff :whistle:

Quote: (g8torcliff @ Sep. 15 2008, 7:14 AM)

Sorry, I'm usually pretty quiet around here......

cliff
:whistle:

What's up wif dat? LOL

Blood pressure buddy, watch the blood pressure! :)

Actually I concur with Cliff's post! It was fun to enter and be a part of the community, thanks Poppa and Tom fer putting this together. I didn't win anything and had no expectations to win. Just fer fun!
Life's too short to not have fun and enjoy something!
Quote: (g8torcliff @ Sep. 15 2008, 6:14 AM)

If you weren't even in the contest, what difference does it make to you?

I already answered that question.

I already apologized for my remarks.

Leo Wilks

Hey…
I’m kick’in sand…
:heart-break: [EDIT] Don’t you be listening at them guys…

I really wanted to win that 56 Track Nieve Console and the MCI 48-Track 5" Tape Deck with the Fix-It-In-The-Mix Remote Pod…

I guess I’m gonna have to Knuckle-Down and get over this Tracker’s Block, for the next Contest…

I’m gonna spend the winter to see if I can learn how to play this '65 Leo Fender Precision I got…
I’d really like to learn how to play like Glen Worf OR…
Michael Rhodes… OR
Willie Weeks
or…
the Guy that plays with the Eagles…
OR… one of them guys…

:p

I’ve been listening real hard at Donald “Duck” Dunn…
lately…

I know…

Bill…

Quote: (Leowilks @ Sep. 15 2008, 8:12 AM)

Quote: (g8torcliff @ Sep. 15 2008, 6:14 AM)

If you weren't even in the contest, what difference does it make to you?

I already answered that question.

I already apologized for my remarks.

Leo Wilks

No problem Leo. :agree:

Welcome to the forum!

I apologize also for making a preemptive "coulda been a TROLL" strike!! It's all good bro'...

Good people here. Welcome again!

D
Quote:

I personally want to express my gratitude to everyone who put it together and those who participated.

yup, I want in on that one, THANK YOU POPS, TOM
AND All :D

I did win something in the comp (...I think!) well, I came third in silly songs, but I can honestly say that the advice, support and time that these guys give me is the best prize I could have asked for
:agree:

Leo...the edit button is top right of your post, sometimes you can get away with using it hours after you've submitted a post...it's saved my dignity many a time
:whistle: hehe

seriously tho, welcome to our little forum family.

Ange x

BTW,

Welcome to the forum Leo and look forward to some music posts!

I appologize, my manners aren’t hitting on all cylinders this morning.

Quote: (ange @ Sep. 15 2008, 8:28 AM)

Leo...the edit button is top right of your post, sometimes you can get away with using it hours after you've submitted a post...it's saved my dignity many a time
:whistle: hehe

seriously tho, welcome to our little forum family.

The edit button didn't save me.
I went back to delete my post but - no luck.

Sorry Leo, I don't usually go off like that.
I guess my point was that I have seen some forums go to h--- because of silly things.
Hate to see it happen here.
This is a great forum, friendly people and a very minute amount of trolling.
I guess I was just suffering shock syndrome or something.
Sorry. :handshake:

Like I said before, I'm not usually that way.

cliff

Then just in…
Hello,

we had a user complaining that your contest ended but you didn’t award the prizes. Can you please take care of it? If you know the winner of the 1-year-VIP account on SoundClick, please email the winners email or SoundClick account to us. We will then set up the VIP service.

Best regards,
Tolgar Canli
support@soundclick.com

After having to go through the personal tragedy of losing a child, and doing all the posting and doing my best to make this contest more fun than competitive - some jerk off complained to SoundClick?
Wow - thanks a lot.
Un freakin’ believable.

Someone wanna wake me up? I don’t like bad dreams…

cliff

Hang in there PW.

Quote:

some jerk off complained to SoundClick?
Wow - thanks a lot.
Un freakin' believable.

There really are some bloody fools out there!
:angry:

Please don't let this stop you from doing another comp Pops, I for one really enjoyed it and couldn't give a toss about the prizes, it was fun, and as i said earlier, we all already got a lot out of it.
Thanks again Poppa.
:D

Ange x
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Sep. 15 2008, 11:12 AM)

Then just in.....
Hello,

we had a user complaining that your contest ended but you didn't award the prizes. Can you please take care of it? If you know the winner of the 1-year-VIP account on SoundClick, please email the winners email or SoundClick account to us. We will then set up the VIP service.

Best regards,
Tolgar Canli
support@soundclick.com

After having to go through the personal tragedy of losing a child, and doing all the posting and doing my best to make this contest more fun than competitive - some jerk off complained to SoundClick?
Wow - thanks a lot.
Un freakin' believable.

Ah don't let it get under your skin, there's always one out there. Like others here I'd like to say thank you to you and Tom and repeat this "I personally want to express my gratitude to everyone who put it together and those who participated."

I've already got 5 songs made to take on BAX for next year!!!

Paco says: "All good, just ignore it." :D

PACO :D
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Sep. 15 2008, 12:12 PM)

Then just in.....
Hello,

we had a user complaining that your contest ended but you didn't award the prizes. Can you please take care of it? If you know the winner of the 1-year-VIP account on SoundClick, please email the winners email or SoundClick account to us. We will then set up the VIP service.

Best regards,
Tolgar Canli
support@soundclick.com

Wow - thanks a lot.
Un freakin' believable.

WTF!
Quote:

I was in the contest, I didn't win.
Not a big deal.
I knew when I entered I wasn't winning anything.
That wasn't the point.
It was fun and interesting to hear what everyone else is doing musically

That pretty much sums up my view of things as well. Looking forward to the next one.

(Hang in there, Tommy. :) )