no nonsense hard rockin'!!

hey all, we had AC/DC here in my town last week, and inspired by those great Oz rockers decided to lay down a track of my own in a similar style. Track is called “Torn to Shreds” and you can hear it here;

www.myspace.com/monstasonix

As usual I use my Boss GT8 for guitars with my Bugera 333XL recorded direct with an Ultra-G DI with the cab sim on (solo is just GT8 direct) and Bass direct with n-track compression. One day I might find a singer to do a vocal, till then, enjoy it as it is…

Hey monstasonix:

Thanks for the nice link…
Lots of Big Energy going on there…
It sounds great on my Altec desktops…
That overall spectrum/dynamics lacks nothing…

Bill…

him dont like these kind of teh sounds in my country were i from.

Hey, you out-frankendingled old horace there. :agree:

That’s great - you can hear the AC/DC influence but it’s not exactly them either.

:laugh:
:p
:)
:agree:

He Shoots.... He Scores.. :agree:
Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 07 2010, 7:11 PM)

That's great - you can hear the AC/DC influence but it's not exactly them either.

Thanks Tom. Yep, inspired by the masters, but I try to keep a bit of Monsta in everything I do.
Quote: (Horace Frankendingle @ Mar. 07 2010, 2:18 PM)

Best post ever! :)

Sounds good! :agree:

Any plan to include vocals? I’m game. :laugh:

Quote: (Keith Reding Band @ Mar. 11 2010, 11:41 PM)

Any plan to include vocals?
I'm game.
:laugh:

seriously? yeah that'd be cool! PM me details if you like and we can work it out.
Quote: (monstasonix @ Mar. 09 2010, 3:49 PM)

Quote: (Horace Frankendingle @ Mar. 07 2010, 2:18 PM)

Best post ever!

him thinking coz of it not macolmn young tone with teh duojet gretzh guitars maybobly

reprising this thread cause i have some vocals on it now.

vocals recorded in n track with the n track compression, parametric eq and reverb applied. this is still demo stuff we’re doing as part of the writing process and to give to people to get some other band members involved for a gigging band. but sounds ok as is. hope ya like it…

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9492080

Solid.

Hi monstasonix:

Lots of energy going on, there…
:agree:
Great stuff…

Bill…