No Sound through Ntrack

No Sound

No sound through Ntrack.
Amd athlon 1.1 ghz pro
768 mb of ram
running on xp home edition
I have an audiophile 2496 soundcard and an audiobuddy mic preamp/direct box going through a pair of Roland MA-8 stereo micro monitors.
When I play my cd’s through itunes it is fine but I can’t get any sound playing through ntrack. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Mike

Playing a wave file in n-Tracks is silent, or are you monitoring the mic and expect to hear it out in real time? What output device is selected in the preferences?

Quote (phoo @ Sep. 28 2006,20:26)
Playing a wave file in n-Tracks is silent, or are you monitoring the mic and expect to hear it out in real time? What output device is selected in the preferences?

when I import a wave file into ntrack it plays but when I plug my guitar into my mic/preamp/direct box the light on the preamp and the levels in the vu move but no sound.In prefrences it’s set on MME:wave mapper.
Thanks,
Mike

The output device was set to mme: wave mapper?

Also check the thread titled ‘Recording level Help’.

T

Quote (tspringer @ Sep. 29 2006,10:36)
The output device was set to mme: wave mapper?

Also check the thread titled 'Recording level Help'.

T

yes ok thanks

Hi, I think you need to open the Delta panel mixer. (start/settings/control panel/Delta panel) and in “patchbay/router” set HW/op 1/2 to “monitor mixer” then select Mon mixer and put up the appropriate faders for H/W i/p 1/2 to hear your incoming signal and Wav o/p 1/2 fader to hear your previosly recorded tracks.

Nick

Thanks Nick That did the trick.
Mike