normalize not

Levi and Bill,

I was able to reproduce the problem normalizing parts that have the ‘resample’ sign. The next build (2561) should fix that problem.
So far I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem normalizing independently the left or right channel. The problem might be related a particular file format. Please let me know if you find a procedure to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for the reports.

Flavio.

Hi Flavio:

Thank you for the nice reply…
It was really a surprise to see/hear how that track render sounded when I did the mix down…
I don’t know if I saved the file…
I’ll look and if I saved it, I’ll post the file up here, somewhere…
That was a find purely by accident… Leave it to me to discover something like that… After updating to the next build I tried to recreate a condition that could repeate the issue… No Way…

However, now, that I have moved on to even a later build, it might never happen again…
I know, when I heard it I couldn’t believe my ears…
SO…
I rendered another mix down…
Same thing…
The first file I rendered, the section of the file was with both left-and-right channels…
The second file I rendered, it was only with the attenuation of one channel… The next render was with the other channel…
Just to see if it could be repeated… I couldn’t repeat the condition with the next build…
I should have done a series of renders with various attenuation to see if the change of tempo was linear, or followed the change in level(s)…
Hindsight is 20/20…
EH.????

Anyway, so-far-so-good…

Bill…