Norton removing VSTSCAN32.exe

Besure to catch the problem

Norton will remove the vstscan.exe file when you run a new build of n_track. Watch for the Norton Flag saying that there is a problem with the file. Click on the Options and have the vstscan.exe restored. this is happening after every new build is installed - even after you tell Norton that the file is safe. It is save - it is an important part of n_Track program. Norton says they will “White list” the program, but they seem to have to start over with each new build.
Bax

Hi bax3:
AaHh… I tried to do a VST Scan on this computer issue I’m working on… It doesn’t seem as though I am able to do a Scan/Search for VST Plugs on this machine… I used to be able to do a scan… However, not now?? OR… Is it me????

Bill…

Do a search for vstscan32.exe and regscan . If you have a anti virus it may have removed them. Or you may want to reinstall and watch for a notice that you are being “protected” .
I would be interested in hearing the results.
Bax

I stand corrected… When I open n-Track on “C” Programs and n-Track I see VST scan.exe on the files list… When I mouse click on it, IT just sits there… No scan takes place… Is that command somewhere on a “Drop-down” from the Main Toolbar? ANR … does n-Track need to be opened to do a VST Scan? It’s been so long sense I’ve had to do a plugin scan…

Bill…

I suspect that the vstscan runs inside of N only. I ran a search and I have several copies of vstscan. Are you running an anti-viru program?

Quote: (bax3 @ May 31 2012, 4:26 PM)

I suspect that the vstscan runs inside of N only.
I ran a search and I have several copies of vstscan.
Are you running an anti-viru program?

Hi bax3:

I have a Server activated security Service, running on three machines.. I don't think it's a Norton Base'd System.. I never operate my network/LAN without the Security activated.. It hasn't been an issue in the past,(at least, I don't think so).. However, when I had to re-load my Operating System the in the spring I believe that I should have upgraded to Windows 7.
I wish I knew more about Operating System Maintenance..
It's too bad that we are relegated to Windows or Mac systems.. It's just my opinion..
In my opinion again, one system is no better than the other..
It almost makes me wish that I should have invested into a Turn Key Recording System like RADAR or a Tascam system way back when and then import and transfer the Tracks into a computer based System for the Editing and Mastering Process..
It comes back to the idea..
It doesn't matter what process you use..
It matters what process you get used to using.. It's agood thing I'm not as productive as I was when I used 1/2" recording tape.. I'd have to become a lot more comfortable with Computers and Hard Drives than I am now..

Bill..