NOT SAVING

Build 2368

EQ and compressor settings aren’t being saved in build 2368.

Sorry that the image didn’t render it’s full size. But the caption reads:
NAMED SETTINGS ARE NOT SAVED IN THE NTRACK PARAMETRIC EQ OR THE
COMPRESSOR AFTER SAVING, CLOSING AND THEN REOPENING.
YOU CAN SEE THE IN THIS IMAGE THAT THE SELECTION WINDOWS ARE BLANK
WHEN THE PROGRAM IS REOPENED.

Hope this helps,
Levi

Don’t worry about how picture appears here.
You can right mouse click on picture and 'Save As’
then re-open in file viewer. It will be as you intended.

I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem. It could be at least two things, either the custom presets are not correctly saved or they are saved but then not correctly identified when you open a song with an effect that uses a custom preset.

Are the custom presets there when you close and reopen the program? (i.e. start the program, add an empty track, add the Parametric EQ, add a new “xyz” preset, select File/New to close the current song without saving, close the program, reload the program, add a new blank track, add the Parametric EQ, is now the “xyz” preset available in the drop-down list of effects?)
Does it make any difference if you run n-Track as Administrator (right clicking on the program icon and selecting “Run As Administrator” from the popup menu)?

Flavio.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Aug. 28 2008, 5:09 AM)

Don't worry about how picture appears here.
You can right mouse click on picture and 'Save As'
then re-open in file viewer. It will be as you intended.

In FireFox, you can right-click the picture and then choose "View Image". It will open the image where you can see it full size. I assume there is a similar function in Internet Explorer. (Blech!)

D
Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Aug. 28 2008, 5:10 AM)

Are the custom presets there when you close and reopen the program?
Flavio.

The custom presets are on the drop down list in any track until I close nTrack.
When I reopen nTrack, nothing. No saved presets. Not even the presets I created in earlier versions that where always there. This problem started after installing build 2368.
But the custom presets are still in the track channel equalizer list.
Running as Admin doesn't help.
Levi

Your home page doesn’t load well eather. The wav file image is to large and the rest of the page warps waiting for the image to load. However the design concept is very cool.

I’m seeing the same thing happening when nTrack Studio opens. Two mixer strips in the time line for a a quick moment. So I’m guessing that an image your using there is probably a little larger than it needs to be.

The errors I’m reporting are repeatable, they repeat every time. Regardless of how I uninstall, reinstall.
That’s all I have for you.
Levi

Quote:

Your home page doesn't load well eather. The wav file image is to large ...

What???

build 2370 - looks like it fixes the saved presets properly.
Gosh, that took almost half a days time from error report to fix.
The flash of a second record meter on opening the program is still there though.
(It’s never enough!) :laugh:
Bax

Can I get a version for my iPhone? And make sure it scrolls both ways…

Compressor settings don’t save here. Same error “Can’t Save Presets”

Yaz, what compressor are you using?
I can get the N-track setting to save to disk as a named setting. Opening and closing N program returns settings. However, I could not get Endorphin (VST) to open a saved preset, although the track that had the Endorphin has maintained the settings and the name of the preset.
Bax

I have never been able to save some (others are okay)vst presets…but dx presets seem to work fine…

Ray

Quote: (phoo @ Aug. 29 2008, 8:07 AM)

What???

I'm on wireless, not slow, not fast, about like dsl.

My monitors resolution is default, out of the box. I'm guessing since Flavio is a hacker he might be using a different resolution as some of you might be to.
But the home page distorts, reshapes (text on text), worps, looks bad while the wav image loads. On an average it's taking 15 or 20 seconds. Gives a bad impression.
In fact the other day there where two menus on the left in the forum. That was fixed. I'm guessing he might be having image sizing issues in nTrack to, or maybe he's getting hacked (sabotaged), who knows.
In nTrack
I'm sure you know phoo if you take an image thats 1000 x 900 pixels being scripted to fit an area of 75x100 pixels that might cause a lag in ntrack. I'm not saying that's what's happening, just pointing out what I'm seeing when ntrack loads. Showing two mixer strips when opening. In nTrack the mixer strip might be ordered to load twice. Looks like I'm not the only one to see that.
Quote: (rsolinski @ Aug. 29 2008, 11:52 AM)

I have never been able to save some (others are okay)vst presets..but dx presets seem to work fine...

Ray

Hmmmmm?
Quote: (bax3 @ Aug. 29 2008, 9:08 AM)

build 2370 - looks like it fixes the saved presets properly.
Gosh, that took almost half a days time from error report to fix.
The flash of a second record meter on opening the program is still there though.
(It's never enough!) :laugh:
Bax

It's never really over baby, never really over. You put a monkey in the middle and you love it, love it. Put a monkey in the middle and you love it all night long, all night long. (The word night makes it seem a little more like a party song. ha!)
This is about like being a monkey in the middle. Never quite getting the ball.
:D

Levi - you got some serious browser issues if the nTrack homepage is goofy.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Aug. 29 2008, 2:00 PM)

Levi - you got some serious browser issues if the nTrack homepage is goofy.

Hey PW,
All the other sites load just fine, only odd loading one is our www.ntrack.com Maybe your cookie is the same as last yrs? :D
I come here eating a cookie everytime.
I notice that reloading the home page just now is nice.
Quote:

In nTrack
I'm sure you know phoo if you take an image thats 1000 x 900 pixels being scripted to fit an area of 75x100 pixels that might cause a lag in ntrack.
I'm not saying that's what's happening, just pointing out what I'm seeing when ntrack loads.
Showing two mixer strips when opening.
In nTrack the mixer strip might be ordered to load twice. Looks like I'm not the only one to see that.

Which image where? In the splash screen? Even if there is an embedded pic that's being displayed small it won't slowdown the opening much, unless it's huge.

A flaky internet connection WILL cause web pages to display incorrectly, if the connection is flaky enough to case some files, such as css files, to not be downloaded properly. Those files have the formating in them. I see that occasionally, but it's not related to the website. It's an internet connection issue.

The wave file on the home page is only 10k is size. That's pretty small actually.

I think there's something else going on that's outside n-Tracks or the website. (not counting the saving presets issue)

Clear your temp files cache to see if that clears things up...or makes them worse. Clearing the cache will force the web files to be downloaded again.

Phoo, now I’m thinking it’s the html. Should probably have 4 table rows. Or 4 tables.

One up top for the introduction paragraph.
the second one for the download now link and wav image. And why is that “about this logo” link way off to the right? Shouldn’t it be under the logo?

Then a third table
row for the link list, version release date and email singup.

and a forth for the mixer image, the copyright info (can’t really see that) and the latest build info. :laugh: I know I seem picky, I’m just trying to be helpful. If the home page was laid out like I described everything would load in it’s proper place. Instead of something ontop of the other.
lol would give a more organized impression to newb’s out to buy.
table rows or tables, you could do it ether way. I’m supposed to be sleeping. If I get a chance tomorrow I’ll make an example of what I’m talking about. It would be easy enough to do, just a little time comsuming. As Flavio is probably thinking.
I’ll upload an image showing the way the page opens.