nt 4 w/ASIO4ALL Evaluation version issue

Hi,
I’m using the latest build 1703 of NT with ASIO4ALL and VSTi’s (OS is XP SP2). When I started using ASIO4ALL, I got a message “Evaluation version - A sound is being added every approximately 20 seconds” when loading a VSTi and pressing the LIVE button. So I finally registered (upgraded) nTrack (16-bit version) yesterday, but I’m still getting the message and the notes D Eb D every 20 seconds. I don’t understand why I’m getting this message and notes added since I registered nTrack to overcome this. Could it be that ASIO4ALL has 24-bit output? I’ve tried checking the 16-bit only option on ASIO4ALL, but it doesn’t make a difference. Anyone else have this problem? Will 24-bit version of nTrack overcome the problem? I tried it on 2 computers (1 laptop, 1 desktop) with same result.

Sounds like the codes you got were in error - this sometimes happens. If you send an e-mail to support@ntrack.com with the codes that you were given etc, then Flavio will send you correct ones.

I hope it’s just incorrect codes, but the About box says the program is registered, and I don’t get the About box on startup anymore. I’ve sent an email to support about it. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

Just as an aside and not to put down ASIO4All, have you tried
the kx ASIO/WDM etc project?
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

It is for basically us Creative/E-mu chipset type people. But if you fit that category you might want to take a look at it.

Works for me in NT4

Curt

Quote (JohnnyRock @ Oct. 26 2004,08:52)
Hi,
I'm using the latest build 1703 of NT with ASIO4ALL and VSTi's (OS is XP SP2). When I started using ASIO4ALL, I got a message "Evaluation version - A sound is being added every approximately 20 seconds" when loading a VSTi and pressing the LIVE button. So I finally registered (upgraded) nTrack (16-bit version) yesterday, but I'm still getting the message and the notes D Eb D every 20 seconds. I don't understand why I'm getting this message and notes added since I registered nTrack to overcome this. Could it be that ASIO4ALL has 24-bit output? I've tried checking the 16-bit only option on ASIO4ALL, but it doesn't make a difference. Anyone else have this problem? Will 24-bit version of nTrack overcome the problem? I tried it on 2 computers (1 laptop, 1 desktop) with same result.

I had the same problem with asio4all a few weeks ago. The playback options of ntrack (the little hammer under the vumeters) are set to 24 Bit, and I have no possibility to change it. I think, asio4all forces ntrack to use 24 bit to playback (this could be sound card specific think; I am using a Dman PCI soundcard from midiman). I have upgraded to the 24 bit version and everything is fine now.

caio,
tsindt

Isn’t it true that when using ASIO, it’s always going to be 24 bit when your soundcard dictates it like that ?
Ludo

Dude/dudette! I’ve gotten the same thing, except I emailed Flavio for the codes, and I think he gave me the right ones… so you’re not alone.