Ntrack's new opening page

The Black is . . .

I find the new start up page to the web site hard to see and frankly ugly. It looks much too “goth” to me and not very friendly. Might be a turn off to a person who didn’t know the software. Is is just me?

It’s definitely more contemporary, more stylish. I’d guess it is good marketing. I like it. :)

On an old CRT monitor, you can barely read it…

My link is set to go right to the forums so I never sent the frontpage.

Dave T2

Hi:
I wouldn’t mind seeing the background shade a bit lighter… I have to crawl up to the monitor to see the link I want to “Mouse-Click” on…

The old eyes just ain’t what they used to be… Mind you… I can see a sweety a mile away… :O :p :laugh:

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Mind you… I can see a sweety a mile away…

Check your glasses Bill… that was a “SWEATY” not a “SWEETY”! :D :D

D
Quote (bax3 @ Oct. 16 2006,11:19)
I find the new start up page to the web site hard to see and frankly ugly. It looks much too "goth" to me and not very friendly. Might be a turn off to a person who didn't know the software. Is is just me?

I simply hate it. It reminds me too much of the average weather condition in Denmark at this time of year... :(

The original blue layout was much more optimistic IMHO, but maybe it is meant to fuel our expectations about the new version? (I hope not!)

regards, Nils

I doesn’t bother me too much although I can see what people are saying. The “darker” default skin in the application causes me more concern. I generally don’t like to “pimp” applications too much but I may have to in this case. Talking of which is there a place we can share skins?

I also wonder if the new screen may be related to the registration/cookie issue.

X

I’m speak’in “Bluenose”… Some places, they’re called “Skirts”… Most places … they don’t wear skirts anymore… Other places they’re called “Cuties”… “Acronyms”, for the same thing… Well…

This English language… Sometimes it’s a good thing it don’t say what you mean…

Bill…

It’s terrible. Especially hard for anyone with poor vision or a bad monitor.

And yes, it’s depressing. It’s gray and rainy here today, looks just like that page. :(

For starters, we can post links to skins to the ntrack wiki page. That means we have to host them ourselves, of course.

I could put a place on phootoons.com for skins, sort of like I do avatars already (avatars.phootoons.com). Folks can mail them to me and I’ll send a link back, or post them to the wiki (which I haven’t tried to post to yet…got some learning to do there.)

That would be cool Phoo. Thanks. (Not that I have any skins to share yet).

Wiki is easy once you get started. Just shout if you need some help.

X

Hi Everyone:
I see Flavio is busy… I’m downloading build 2153 as I post…

I see the opening page as a statement that Flavio is making … I can live with that… We shouldn’t want to go out of our way to P*** him off…

He’s working on some small details with the coding… Well… Builds with no explanations… ?? as to what they are…

Don’t be rock’in the boat if you can’t swim… :O :p :laugh:

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

I could put a place on phootoons.com for skins, sort of like I do avatars already (avatars.phootoons.com). Folks can mail them to me and I’ll send a link back, or post them to the wiki (which I haven’t tried to post to yet…got some learning to do there.)

There is also a note on the web at SkinLink saying that if you send your skin as an attachment to upload@ntrack.com then it will be hosted on the ntrack website with a link from the “Skins” page.

<!–QuoteBegin>
The “darker” default skin in the application causes me more concern. I generally don’t like to “pimp” applications too much but I may have to in this case. Talking of which is there a place we can share skins?

This caused me an issue, which is why I created the extremely basic “LightGrey” skin which can be downloaded from the above page. I think Flavio must have got a new monitor with an oversensitive brightness button. :)

Ta
John

The cover page to the site is now a dark gray on my computer _ I can Read It!
Thanks,
Flavio

Yes, I can read it also. Thanks Flavio.

<!–QuoteBegin>

This caused me an issue, which is why I created the extremely basic “LightGrey” skin which can be downloaded from the above page

Thank you, it’s good.

<!–QuoteBegin>

There is also a note on the web at SkinLink saying that if you send your skin as an attachment to upload@ntrack.com then it will be hosted on the ntrack website with a link from the “Skins” page.

Ah, yes…no need for a phootoons hosting then. This is a good thing. :)