ntrack 4.2 won't install

I’m trying to install ntrack 4.2, and it simply hangs with the progresss bar about 2/3 across the “Installing n-track studio 4” window. The task manager shows that n-track srucio 4 is running, but there has been no activity or progress for over 60 minutes. This can’t be right, can it?

no problem here

have you downloaded the complete version (with .NET install) ?

That is exactly what happened to me; let me know what you find out, I was unable to solve it.

Yes, I have the larger installation with the .NET install. The installation stalls just after the ntrack icon appears on the desktop. Any thoughts or fixes for this?

if it doesn’t work after rebooting, try to disable your antivirus software (if any) during install

you can also try to uninstall .NET 2.0 so n-Track re-installs it from scratch

Hi Gents:
Sloom and I had some install issues like what you have, way back in build 2037 to 2044 days… However, that appears to be behind us…

You might consider this approach…

This is not a… “I said-so”… Just something to consider… Check for some replies from the the computer gurus, to see what they might say about this approach…

First, un-install n-Track and .NET Framwork v2.0 and all from your software manager… Mabey, use a Reg Cleaner… whatever one you’re used to useing…

Then… download the big version of n-Track… IT includes the nessessary windows .NET framwork files and install .exe that is needed to install n-Track…

This should allow you to install n-Track, on your set-up… After that process, you shouldn’t have any more issues installing later builds of n-Track… Then… after that install you only need to download the “Small” version of n-Track download of n-Track… That “Large” download of n-Track is something like 20-22 megs. in size… The “Small” version is some 10-11 meg. in size…

Some of these computers we have require a slightly different version of Microsoft “Installer” than other machines we have… So, The “Large” n-Track download should contain all the nessessary files your machine needs to properly install n-Track…

I stand corrected with this post and if I don’t know what I’m talking about… just disregard anything TO-DO with what I’ve said, in this post…

But… I hope you get this new version of n-Track up and running on you DAWs…

Oh Yes… Before you attempt anything drastic… Do a System Restore on your XP Desks…

Bill…

I had the same problem once.

I think n-track kept trying to go back to an aborted install and would fail over and over.

I basically had to get rid of every reference to n-track on my computer. I uninstalled, deleted folders, cleaned the registry and especially got rid of all of the temp files. n-track always left a temporary install file and would use it to start any installs I tried after that.

Windows also has a “Windows Install Cleanup” program that might help.

Did you fix it? I’m having the same problem

No; I’ve never been able to fix it; I simply cannot install 4.2 or 4.2.1. I guess it’s time to move on to another DAW.

I tried and tried, but it finally did install, but now it crashes when ever i open it.