ntrack adverts

on SC

Hi everybody! anybody notice that there are n-track advertisements on the back pages of the forum on SC? They link right to this site. Probably good for business, if there are any people out there without software, I guess so, anyway, you guys mind your P’s and Q’s cause a bunch of soundclickers are going to be dropping by from those ads.

I missed you guys, I got the flu shot in November and then caught Strain B, after my wife and girl got it. So after playing doctor to everyone else I spent spring break in bed. Well glad to see you guys again!

Great to see you back on the forum nix! I don’t hang at SC but it’s good that Flavio is branchin’ out.

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Apr. 07 2009, 7:10 PM)

P's and Q's cause a bunch of soundclickers are going to be dropping by from those ads.

I missed you guys, I got the flu shot in November and then caught Strain B, after my wife and girl got it. So after playing doctor to everyone else I spent spring break in bed. Well glad to see you guys again!

Ps and Qs hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yea Flavio Os me :wink:

Quote:

you guys mind your P's and Q's

So who here knows the origin of that phrase? Besides our brethren from across the pond...

D

Pints and quarts?

btw- Good to know you’re doing okay, Nix. Welcome back. :D

Quote: (kevinmyers @ Apr. 07 2009, 8:26 PM)

Pints and quarts?

btw- Good to know you're doing okay, Nix. Welcome back. :D

Yep... or so one story goes. The old country Pub owners would keep an eye on their patrons enjoying their pints and quarts and when they got a little too rowdy he'd shout; "Hoy! Moind yur P's and Q's!"

D - just FULL of useless, BS trivia... I reckon...

Good to hear from ya Nix! Flu sucks. Mind yer P’s and Q’s boys we got company!

D, you should really consider going on Jeopardy. I think you could win some big bucks!

What’s “strain B”? Sounds bad.

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Apr. 07 2009, 9:17 PM)

Quote: (kevinmyers @ Apr. 07 2009, 8:26 PM)

Pints and quarts?

btw- Good to know you're doing okay, Nix. Welcome back. :D

Yep... or so one story goes. The old country Pub owners would keep an eye on their patrons enjoying their pints and quarts and when they got a little too rowdy he'd shout; "Hoy! Moind yur P's and Q's!"

D - just FULL of useless, BS trivia... I reckon...

Thought it was from the printing press days when type setters had to be careful of not fuxing up lower case q and p.

Look it up.. there are 1000 different versions.
Quote:

Thought it was from the printing press days when type setters had to be careful of not fuxing up lower case q and p.

That actually sounds like the more logical answer, but may have to wait till D makes it on Jeopardy to know for sure.
Quote: (TomS @ Apr. 08 2009, 11:17 AM)

What's "strain B"?
Sounds bad.

I don't know about P's and Q's but Strain B was the strain of the flu not included in the flu shots last fall. A suprise flu that knocked me out!

But I'm really 'stoked' cause my buddies went into a real studio and made some drum tracks, I'm back behind the mike at home here with good ol N putting on the rest, guitars, vox etc. hopefully I will have some new tunes in the next month or so. Going for some different sounds and effects this time. anyway,

This part of your body is (are) your pigs ( jeopardy bonus round)
What are your ?
Quote: (kevinmyers @ Apr. 08 2009, 4:52 PM)

Quote:

That actually sounds like the more logical answer, but may have to wait till D makes it on Jeopardy to know for sure.

Yup. Heard that one before too Bubba... but you gotta admit the pub story is much cooler! :agree:

There are a few "origins" for this but the ones that seem the most plausible are the pub and printing press stories.

Jeopardy? Nah... I would consider Wheel of Fortune just so's I could gawk at the ol' letter turning chick. Lessee... hot chick in gorgeous dress versus Alec Trebek's ugly mug... YEP! Wheel of Fortune WINS!! :laugh:

I'd mind HER P's and Q's... heh-heh...

D
Quote:

This part of your body is (are) your pigs ( jeopardy bonus round)
What are your ?

Uh...sure you're fully recovered?
:laugh:

I’d like to buy a vowel.
e
I’d like to buy another vowel a
I’d like to solve the puzzle.
Is it pig eared? No?
I love you Merideth Viera. Would you have dinner with me?
By the way - what happened to Regis?

Stricken by strain B