Ntrack and Drums on Demand

New song “Jane”

Just finished my fourth album with n-track and I’ve gotta say I love the program. For the price you can’t beat it, and the updates are always timely and generally just what I was looking for. This time around I used Drums On Demand for percussion and with that and the updates to N-Track, It’s the best sound I’ve acheived so far. Here’s a link to the first song, "Jane."

http://dancray.net/mp3s/littlehelp/Dan_Cray-Little_Help-01-Jane.mp3

Very cool song, and for once I think it’s too short ! gasp

Great voice that suits the tune.

I’d try to alternate the beat some, say, go back to the backbeat at 1:05, revert to the ‘hammering’ at 1:17 and back out to backbeat again at 1:46. I’d use a hihat on the backbeat during vocal lines instead of the ride, but what the heck do I know ?

t. :)

Quote (teryeah @ Dec. 17 2004,19:15)
Very cool song, and for once I think it's too short ! *gasp*

Great voice that suits the tune.

I'd try to alternate the beat some, say, go back to the backbeat at 1:05, revert to the 'hammering' at 1:17 and back out to backbeat again at 1:46. I'd use a hihat on the backbeat during vocal lines instead of the ride, but what the heck do I know ?

t. :)

Yeah, it is a bit repetitive, but that one was my first stab at DOD. I probably could've mixed it up a lot more. Thanks for the tips, next time I'll post here for feedback before I start selling it. It's nice to get such specific suggestions timewise, You've got me thinking I should redo the whole thing.

I like the tempo and the energy of the song, and I agree that the voice is great for the tune. Personally, I prefer a good short song like this one.

sounds great Dan.

how do you like these Drums on Demand? I’m thinking about purchasing them…

Great song, sounds nice.

Cool song!

Please tell us a bit about how you use DOD in nTrack…

-John
:cool: