nTrack Drummer

I knew I had seen a n-Track Drum manual of sorts find it here.

Quote:

XLN Audio’s “Addictive Drums”.

Yep D - pretty flexible and looks real friendly.

be it Ntrack drums or practically any other MIDI drum program the majority use wav files which are triggered by MIDI notes - so why not just import drum samples in wav formatinto N, with the new features you can cut, repat,pitch shift etc in audio rather than struggling with MIDI - you can also buy sample CDs for a fraction of the price of EZD etc - as much as i love MIDI you can do a FAR EASIER job with samples (even free ones) than spend a load of bucks on something THAT IS NOT REQUIRED -

M.R.

Well you make a valid point - it’s easier to work in n with audio than midi.

Thanks guys. If I can ever get back to recording again, I will give this stuff a try. I see that PGMusic has “Real Drums”, wav file, now instead of just midi.

Quote: (bax3 @ Jan. 24 2009, 10:30 AM)

Thanks guys.
If I can ever get back to recording again, I will give this stuff a try.
I see that PGMusic has "Real Drums", wav file, now instead of just midi.

Bax3, go to your music room now! :laugh:
Quote: (Dubious @ Jan. 23 2009, 8:51 PM)

Also, guys on the hunt should check out XLN Audio's "Addictive Drums". If I had known about it sooner... It would be on my hard drive instead of EZ Drummer. They have a pretty nice demo on their web site...

D

I've been lookin them over and saw addictive. D? With all the others out there from all I've read EZdrummer still sounds better than the rest. No?

do you have a drum sample CD handy ? if so copy the CD to your hard drive then open N T D and drag samples from the sample folder direct onto the pads in N T D -
in fact you can drag any .wav file onto the pads not just drums - not exactly EZD but good fun to mess about with -

M.R.

With just a little adjust the MPD-16 controller works with N drums for bangin out
your own grooooove - man.

further to my post above - if you drag n drop a longish sample to a pad, click to the right of the blue square in the pad to open the pad editor, look at the botton laft of the box and click on NOTE OFF (little square turns red) - this will set the sample play time to the length of the MIDI note, with it unticked it will play to the end (past the note) which can be confusing -

M.R.