ntrack drums and Piano Roll

ntrack drums and Piano Roll

Hello,
I upgraded to most recent ntrack v6.0.3 build 2461.
I used to be able to set up ntrack drums in the manner described in the N-TRACK DRUMS TUTORIAL video.
But now whenever I select Piano Roll from anywhere (tool bar, right click select), all I get is a new track properties window and a new track is created.
I never get the Piano Roll.
Last time I used this, and it worked, I think was back in v5.
Anyone know if there was a change to the procedure outlined in the TUTORIAL video?

I experience the same thing when clicking the Piano Roll button. A new track is created and the track properties box is opened. Not sure, but don’t think it was like this before. The piano roll will open if you first select a midi track in the timeline, before clicking the Piano Roll button.

I’ve had the same thing ever since the earlyest V6. I find that closing the piano roll and removing the track a few times does the job - a couple of re-boots helps too.

But!? If you mean the dragging patterns to ch16 approach? I’m sorry, I wouldn’t know. I use it to drop midi and use ch10. That is still working here. Hang in there, some helpful and clever nerd will, doubtless, put you right :agree:

the piano roll will only open when a MIDI part is selected -
you cannot open the piano roll in a blank track or an empty section as there are no notes in that area to show on the piano roll -

M.R.

Quote: (pingcat @ Mar. 01 2009, 11:31 AM)

Hello,
I upgraded to most recent ntrack v6.0.3 build 2461.
I used to be able to set up ntrack drums in the manner described in the N-TRACK DRUMS TUTORIAL video.
But now whenever I select Piano Roll from anywhere (tool bar, right click select), all I get is a new track properties window and a new track is created.
I never get the Piano Roll.

The new track your getting must be a blank midi track.
The way I access the painoroll is to add a new midi track or new blank midi track.
Then right click on it, the painoroll option is on that pop up.

Thanks MagRab and Levi. You got me pointed to the solution. I was creating a new midi track, but I was right clicking randomly in the track area to the right. I learned you have to right click specifically on the slim track area at the start of the track. Like all guitars, you have to know the right spot to pick to get what you want. :)