Ntrack music by Safe As Houses

http://www.fatmember.com/music/bands/8/

I listened to “Big K” and “A Satisfied Man.” This is very ambitious production work and is very decent overall. The vocals could be more distinct as they were a little hard to follow at times. Otherwise, very good recordings.

Thank you for the input.

I really like “Big K”. Can you give some details about your guitar setup, effects, etc. Nice tones.

Dave T2

Quote (davet2 @ Sep. 10 2004,13:42)
I really like "Big K". Can you give some details about your guitar setup, effects, etc. Nice tones.

Dave T2

As far as guitar tones go its relatively simple...

No amp. Japanese Strat w/ hot rail in bridge (or my flying V with gibson 500t on the song "Aether") into Boss GT-5 processor (its amp simulations rival those of even the newer Line 6 PODs, of course I can't exactly share my personal settings with anyone, heh :) into Presonus TubePre (warms and fattens the guitar signal quite well) then direct into Tascam USB interface/Ntrack. Within Ntrack specificly I ussually EQ guitar tracks adding about 7db of low end, subtracting about 5db of high end, pan one hard left, one hard right, melodies just off center, etc. Blabbing, sorry...but there ya have it.

Thanks. I just listened to Tron with a co-worker. We both liked the drum work on that, as well as the guitar. I think your voice fits that very well, but no offense, I would like to hear a womans voice on 'Big K". I think that would really carry it, but it works well as it is.

Do you have a CD available?

Dave T2

I’ve never gotten around to duplicating CD’s. Like many musicians I never have any money. Its almost no use anyway since I need to find other bandmembers (I’m a slavedriver) before I hit the stage and sell CD’s etc. I live in Los Angeles and contrary to popular belief it is hard to find artistic musicians out here. You’re not getting anywhere out here unless you have a slick emo haircut, which of course I lack. About the big K thing…I doubt I will ever hire anyone else to sing my songs, male or female…but I take everything into consideration. thanks.

Then do you mind if I download and burn a disk for myself?

Dave T2

Quote (davet2 @ Sep. 10 2004,19:01)
Then do you mind if I download and burn a disk for myself?

Dave T2

Thats why they are up there my friend. :) Clone them and send them out into the world. You can be my manager. heh.

Man, production was definately good, I personally would have done ‘live instruments’ in that type of beat… but your creativity is definately nice…
Nice touch, over-all… I’ve got respect for this peice (oh and i’m referring to big K)
-Reflex-

Thanks. The whole point is that I intentionally make synthetic based music with hardware synths, so the live beats aspect will never happen…unless Jimmy Chamberlin wants to join me…but thanks. Believe it or not everyone, there is a market for the type of music I make without making it more “live” or “rock” sounding. People seem to miss the point. I make synthetic music. But yeah, thanks.

I am enjoying the download. I have only one, minor, criticism. “Big K” is my favorite, but I cannot hear your voice to distinguish the lyrics. If you were to remix, I would cut the voice thru clearer. I love the music and your synth touches. I am still getting used to the others, but this one really strikes me.

Dave T2

hmmm…what kind of monitors are you using? The mix sounds perfect on my monitors.

I have listened on my computer, which is crappy sounding, my stereo system which is old, but is 2 large advent speakers with a yamaha 150 watt amp( advents were not known for their midrange reproductio) , and I have listened in my car. I could hear the voice best in my car.

Dave T2

I just listened to “Big K” and “Electric World” and think you’ve done a great job on both. On “Big K” I think you could bring the lead vocal up just a bit. Vocal levels seem fine in “Electric World.” Otherwise, your work is head and shoulders above what I can produce, so really enjoyed the listens. What do you use to generate the drum tracks?

Quote (Jeffster @ Sep. 12 2004,23:28)
I just listened to "Big K" and "Electric World" and think you've done a great job on both. On "Big K" I think you could bring the lead vocal up just a bit. Vocal levels seem fine in "Electric World." Otherwise, your work is head and shoulders above what I can produce, so really enjoyed the listens. What do you use to generate the drum tracks?

Thanks. I'm going to work on fattening up big k (low level is slightly lower than every other tune of mine) and bring up the vocals a few db's tommorow. I create drums on an E-mu XL-7 synth/sequencer (Big K EP) and a korg es-1 sampler/sequencer (Tron EP). I will check out everyone elses music now. I've been lazy, heh. Thanks for the comments though. :)

much better…keep shinin’

Just letting everyone know I’ve taken my sounds down temporarily. I’m building a new website and everything will be available again in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all of your comments thus far though.