Ntrack support

No response?

Hello,
It has been two days now and after multiple emails to support I have yet to receive any response for the bad registration numbers I received when I purchased the program (Quote below). I have emailed support@ntrack.com and also used the feed back form on the website. Any tips?, am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Posted: Mar. 21 2005,15:16 EDIT QUOTE
:( I purchased ntrack studio last night and when I ran the program and tried to enter the registration numbers that were sent to me a window popped up and said that the numbers were made inactive because it was found that they were being used by pirates. This is a pain in the $$***. I really want to use the software. The message told me to email support with the old codes and they would send me new ones. I have emailed support and 8 hours later no response. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Be patient. Flavio is a one man operation so “instant” responses are rare. He does a heck of a job though. Also make sure his reponses are not being caught in a spam filter or something like that. Use the email account you registered under to correspond.

TG

Quote (lt284 @ Mar. 22 2005,09:48)
Hello,
It has been two days now and after multiple emails to support I have yet to receive any response for the bad registration numbers I received when I purchased the program (Quote below). I have emailed support@ntrack.com and also used the feed back form on the website. Any tips?, am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

Posted: Mar. 21 2005,15:16 EDIT QUOTE
:( I purchased ntrack studio last night and when I ran the program and tried to enter the registration numbers that were sent to me a window popped up and said that the numbers were made inactive because it was found that they were being used by pirates. This is a pain in the $$***. I really want to use the software. The message told me to email support with the old codes and they would send me new ones. I have emailed support and 8 hours later no response. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

lt824,
I know the quote you gave was from your earlier post, but is that also what you sent to support? If so, I'd say you might want to try sending more identifying information, such as order # and date, and it might help to use the same email address at which you received the order confirmation. In fact, in this case, you may not want to use the support form, and just reply directly to the email in which the codes were sent. This is what I did when I registered N-track last year and received an email claiming to have the reg codes at the end....but it didn't!

Tony

One problem that some users have had is that spam filters are filtering out email from Flavio. It’s happened quite often. You may want to check into that. Your ISP migh thave a filter turned on so you don’t ever see anyhting from Flavio, even if you aren’t running one yourself.

He WILL reply.

Remember that European countries also have a lot more holidays than we do, or he may be out of town.

Dont get frustrated, he’s a one-man operation not a building of souless engineers and marketing directors (that’s why you’re not paying $700-1200 like the other major sequencers out there…)

:cool:

ONe note, if you have Road Runner and a few other ISPs, they will automatically block all e-mail from overseas. Flavio is in Italy. Just something to check.

:D Flavio replied this afternoon with the solution to my problem. I was just a little anxious I guess after having paid for the program and it would not register.Thanks for all your help. This program really rocks.
Quote (lt284 @ Mar. 22 2005,14:36)
:D Flavio replied this afternoon with the solution to my problem. I was just a little anxious I guess after having paid for the program and it would not register.Thanks for all your help. This program really rocks.

Cool. Glad you got it sorted!

TG :)

Hey, lt284, I know how you feel. When I download something and even pay MONEY for it, I really want instant gratification! But these things happen; glad you’re all sorted out.

BTW, gtr4him says that instant responses are rare. My experience is that instant responses are typical! I’ve had a number of small problems over the years (using n-Track since 2001). More often than not, if I email a problem report in the evening, I have email the next moring with a response: a solution, a question, or at least an “I’m looking into it.” One time I emailed a song file that had a problem late Saturday night, and by Sunday morning he’d emailed the song file back with a correction! (Too bad he won’t fix my mixes too!)

But you can’t depend on it, since the guy does take a day off now and then, and (heaven forbid) even goes on vacation sometimes.

If you want good support, the best bet is usually to ask here first (though that wouldn’t have helped much this time). If nobody has an answer, do as detailed an analysis of what triggers the problem as you can (and we’ll be happy to help you with that). The better the info Flavio gets, the easier it is for him to find the problem.