nTrack v5

Just up-graded to v5

I’ve just up-graded this week to version 5 nTrack, ran it thru the mill so to speak, loaded up 18 audio tracks with about 35 plug ins and wah lah, no problems. All plug-ins worked flawlessly.
If you’ve been thinking of up-grading and haven’t, then maybe the time is right! :)

Kudos to Flavio! :agree:

Yaz

i updated my copy of n-track too, but when i want do mixdown a single .wav file from a .sng project, it always wants me to find the .wav file. befor i updated i clicked on “mixdown” and thern i was able to select the .wav file which i wanted to mixdown ( in the programm, not windows).

here:
(new version)
i click on "mixdown"

this window opens

i selected a wav file

(old version)
goes from here

directly to this window

did mixdown today with Build 2303 and this did not happen (happened in the last few builds)- so maybe fixed -

Dr J

mh, i installed the newest version now but the problem is still there.

another question: when does n-track saves the single .wav files and when not? because sometimes i have a .sng file + the .wavs of that song and in other cases i only have a .sng file.

Hi ToniToronto:

It sounds like something may not be config’d correctly in the setting/preferences…
Also, check and make sure you have filled out the fields under “Paths” in the “Settings Panel”…

To render a two track mix
you have to name the two track Mix you want to render…
Other-wise it
(n-Track) just comes up with a default Song and sends the file “My Music” on your C Drive… “My Music” is the Default Folder that all your work goes to, if you don’t fill out the “Fields” in the paths in the n-Track Preferences…
That’s the default folder for anything that you get n-Track to render/does…

I hope this might help the issues you have, with n-Track…

Bill…

DO THIS -

go to FILE / MIXDOWN SONG – this will start the process of generating a Wave file -

if you use SAVE or SAVE AS then .SNG (SONG) is first choice - there are 6 choices in the SAVE AS TYPE box, below where you enter the name of your track / song - if you change from .sng to another choice then mixdown will rake place - if you stay on .sng only the song will be saved, does not mixdown -

Dr J

thanks guys, i
´m a bit smarter now ;

My problem is that when I return to a saved song, the plugins are pointing to different plugins.

For example, if I had all of them ouputting to the Edirol VST, after I save, exit and return, they may then be pointing to n-drums, or one of the others. This has happened 3 times.
After the install I started with a new preferences.

Any ideas?

Quote: (michael f t @ Sep. 07 2007, 6:52 PM)

My problem is that when I return to a saved song, the plugins are pointing to different plugins.

For example, if I had all of them ouputting to the Edirol VST, after I save, exit and return, they may then be pointing to n-drums, or one of the others. This has happened 3 times.
After the install I started with a new preferences.

Any ideas?

Maybe the VST scan file/log has got screwed up. There's a setting somewhere to do a re-scan - I just can't remember where. That might solve it. Alternatively your .sng file may be messed up; it does happen. Try a test with a new .sng file perhaps.

open prefs and go to PATHS page - click on the long SET VST FOLDERS bar - this opens the effects settings panel - looking at the bottom of the panel you will see the path that N uses to find your VSTs - if it is not right click on CHANGE and navigate to correct folder - then click on re-scan - do re-scan for all radio button options till all VST, VSTi, and DX and DXi have been found - if it is the right path then re-scan as above -

Dr J

The folder was correct, but then I rescanned and it seems to be ok now.

I saved and closed a couple of times and everything was ok.

Thanks for the suggestions. :agree:

Quote: (michael f t @ Sep. 07 2007, 8:47 PM)

The folder was correct, but then I rescanned and it seems to be ok now.

I saved and closed a couple of times and everything was ok.

Thanks for the suggestions. :agree:

Glad you got it sorted.

Well - I spoke too soon. It’s very odd. I opened the file and all of the output channels changed. So I rescanned and pointed them all to the correct VST’s and then saved. Made some changes and right before my very eyes - they all changed to n-track drums.

This only started happening when I upgraded to the very latest version.

I’ll try a different sng file. Maybe I’ll save it as a different file name and work with that one.

I’ve been seeing the output devices change recently. Mine have reverted to the default windows device a few times. I think we’re experiencing some kind of bug Flavio needs to look into. Unfortuantly I haven’t been able to find a good repro short of “it happens when exiting and restarting the app” or “sorry, it happen that time…”

BUILD 2303 -
tried various VSTs in song and saved/opened without problems -

suggest that you either re-install N or reset prefs to default and re-build them again - some strange things can happen if you elect to use prefs from a previous build -

Dr J