OK, Dubious

:slight_smile:

Well, this is what happens when I try to get some “new” sounds, so I blame my good friend Dubious. “On A Hollow Note” - only 5 (count 'em!) tracks on this one - could’ve done it on the old 4 track practially!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=643221

Cool! :agree:

BRAVO!! :agree:

Cool one Tom!

D

What wuz dat?

Who wuz dat? :laugh:

Very well done Tom!

I likes! :agree:

See? Stretch out Tom. Throw some HEAVY guitar down in the “beds” for a change of pace. You have a lot of great stuff with the jangly guitars happenin’. Add some grind… :)

D

Now, Dubious, I posted another I “finished” this afternoon, that is a bit more melodic: “When Iron Mike Speaks” - watch out for the jangle!

As always, thanks for listening and being such great people, people.
:agree:

Grrr… What IS UP with Soundclick??? Their freakin’ links NEVER work! ARGHHHH…

I’ll find it the hard way Tom… It’s not your fault…

D

Dr. Evil voice OKAY! Gottit!

PUNT! Go back and add some grind. “Toughen” it up a tad. We’re not ALL thirteen year old girls here… :laugh:

That’s my way of saying, once again you have a good song… you just need to “shake it up” a bit. :) :agree:

D

Hmmm…I will have to think about what that means, dubious!
:)

I think that it might be a function of the drummer - I’m stuck with a steady click track, and toughness seems to me to come in part from the way the track pushes or pulls - and mine don’t, necessarily…and unfortunately…

Hmmm…also, I don’t like heavy mid-scoop distortion. Blech! :disagree: Works for others, not for me.

You think that’s what he was hinting at? He is rather Dubious ain’t he?!
Or maybe ambiguous, chancy, disputable, doubtful, equivocal, fishy, iffy, indecisive, questionable, shady, shaky, skeptical, suspicious, uncertain, unclear, undecided, undetermined, unsure, vague…?

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 14 2008, 3:13 PM)

Hmmm...also, I don't like heavy mid-scoop distortion.
Blech!
:disagree:
Works for others, not for me.

No not the mid-scopped crap... just good heavy "Classic rock" distortion.

Don't care for the mid-scoop "heavy" myself.

D

PS Poppa? Did you forget wishy-washy? :p

Heh-heh… “mid-scopped”… I should copyright the term… :p

D

Listened to hollow note, gotta come back for the other tune later:
Cool guitars, great tone choices, real skill in the playing, you got the most out of it . Absolutley love a good wah sound. :agree:

Can I put some back-up vox in the chorus? wanna colab? seriously.

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Oct. 14 2008, 10:16 PM)

Listened to hollow note, gotta come back for the other tune later:
Cool guitars, great tone choices, real skill in the playing, you got the most out of it . Absolutley love a good wah sound.
:agree:

Can I put some back-up vox in the chorus? wanna colab? seriously.

Sure!

Thing is, it's one of these:

Ooooo… I’ve always wanted one of those… You did a great job with it Tom. :agree:

The Rocktron jobbie doesn’t require a separate mic/amp does it? I think I read that somewhere… The hassle of setting up a Heil “Talk Box” always turned me off…

Nice.

D

Banshee’s are cool, but I prefer a Heil.

The Heil’s can sound better, depending on the amp - used to use one with my little 1950s Gibson GA-5 - that HOWLED - but Dub is right, as always, the Rocktron doesn’t require a separate amp, so it’s handier.

OK, Dubiogenes, I posted yet another song to bother you, with lots and lots and lots of jangly guitars - 4 of them - count 'em, four - and la-la-las for the vocals!

You kow, when I think of what music 13 year old girls like, I think of Drake and iCarly and Hannah Montana. Lots more distortion there than I use. Nope, I think I write for a demographic that is slightly different.

“Speak to Me in Puzzles” here:

???