OK - have at it....

New Tune

I Wish She Didn’t Love You.

Very good Poppa! A country classic if there ever werz wun! :agree:

Lemme listen a bit closer later… I thought I heard a few boo-boos you probably wanna fix. Gotta run right now though… Great tune!

D

Really like the chord structure. The change from a major to a major 7th in the verse, super nice…The phrasing reminds me of Charlie Rich. Once agina a country classic.

My ears can’t find any faults there Tommy on my first listen :agree:

Good tune, good production.

:)

Very good Buddy! :agree:
:agree:
:agree:
Guitar work is spectacular as usual. Great production!

I think I got a tear welling up in me eye. (I need a tissue) :heart-break:

Thanks guys for the listens.

Duff - Charlie Rich was a great singer. I was wondering where the influence for that goofy phrasing had been picked up along the years. Good catch, you may be right. I’m a Silver Fox Fan.

I wanted to post the back story on the tune here for folks.

The song was inspired when my grand daughter’s mom came to pick up Sarah one day. Sarahs eyes lit up when her mom came in the door, and I watched her watch her mom walk by. Her mom literally pushed her away and totally ignored her and spewed out her latest piece of drama… It broke my heart for Sarah - literally broke my heart. I just watched the scene unfold and thought to myself
"God I wish she didn’t love her…"

It took my almost 3 months to write it and disguise it as a ‘man to man’ song.

I am glad to get it off my chest at last. Thanks for the listens.

Sounds good.
Thought I heard a couple things
to tweak on the vocal but what the heck.
Good job PkW, write some more asap!

Hi Poppa,

Drunk or not, I remember the 1st post. This is a whole lot better. Nice intimate vocals on the verses, great chorus and very nice production. Top notch country song Buddy! :agree: :agree: :agree:

Yup. My second and subsequent listens were great Poppa. I think what I heard first time might have been streaming hiccups. I downloaded the instead of letting QT play it in the browser.

Great job! I wish I was a steel player… I can some steel beds that oughta be in there…

D

Man, makes we wanna go hang out at truck stops… maybe hang out in bars with wood paneling.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Mar. 05 2009, 11:53 AM)

Man, makes we wanna go hang out at truck stops.... maybe hang out in bars with wood paneling.

...with the bandstand behind the chicken wire... :laugh:

Hey, it not only stops beer bottles, it helps hold down EMF/RF interference as well! Nothing like pickin' inside an unintentional Faraday Cage... :laugh:

D

mmmmmm, wood paneling.

Quote:

Man, makes we wanna go hang out at truck stops.... maybe hang out in bars with wood paneling.

There ya go! Country indicators #'s 16 and 4.

D - I think I threw a steel on the last mix. I played around with it some last night.

Man, makes we wanna go hang out at truck stops....

:laugh:
Not!

Man, makes we wanna go hang out at truck stops....

:laugh:
Not the result of cheep psychology.
Quote:

D - I think I threw a steel on the last mix. I played around with it some last night.

Throw up your latest wouldja? I'd like to hear the steel real subtly floating around under there except for one part where a nice steel lick up front would sound sweet. I'll have to listen again for a timing reference but I think it was between chorus and second verse... dunno.

Just a thought.

D

I Wish She Didn’t Love You

That’s a great song Poppa, I really like your voice. Thats real country in my book. Well done!

If it’s not to much to say so, I think the main vocal could have been back further (reverb just little pinch) and the harmony wider because that part did sound a little buried under the main vocal I thought. I’m very impressed with it despite my own picky-ness. Great stuff Poppa. :agree:

PACO

Thanks Paco - like so many folks I always have problems mixing my own vocal.
Thanks for the input. I’ll check it out in a few days - I’ve heard it too much for a while.

Oh and by the way Tim - don’t you own every RealBand instrument made?

I don’t have the lead steel guitar, just background. Burn me the chord change wav where you hear it. Song is in C 68bpm. :whistle: