OK, tell us about your new toys

:slight_smile:

So…anyone get anything interesting? :)

I got no new toys for x-mas (I have a poor family), but I bought my music friend a guitar stand and a tuner/metronome combination, and I bought my brother a Yamaha arranger keyboard… - the look on his face as he unwrapped that gift - no money can buy that! :D

regards, Nils

I got a L.R. Baggs T-Bridge for my Gibson SG. so in a week or so I’ll have an electric/acoustic :)

for my birthday in march, I’ll be hopefully adding a yamaha ag stomp and run that into my vetta II’s effects loop. the effects loop is foot switchable, so I’ll be able to switch with one click :)

I’m finally upgrading my system after a few years. I’m building a new computer (2.0 ghz with a gig of ram), and I also upgraded my audio interface. I purchased a MOTU 828mkII after using an Audiophile 2496 for a few years.

I got a Behringer PMX2000 powered mixer and a couple of Peavey Pr15 speakers , for rocking in the newyear.

Loaded a 1/4" Studer A80 into the control room on the 23rd. That count? I’m also about to pull the trigger on a pair of API 312 cards, but I won’t have 'em ready until February sometime, so they’re not really Christmas related. That Studer though…didn’t think I’d ever have a chance to own one of those. Bargain tape machines usually have some minor problems and this one isn’t too different, but so far it’s sounding great and looking very cool. Very much the Swiss watch one might expect. Now there’s 4 big console tape machines in Control; it’s looking more like an analog graveyard everyday…

Yes, that most definitely counts, clava! :)

Well, guys, we have to get Nils something for Christmas. You need a compressor, Nils? ???

Hi clavastudio:
That’s a great Deck… It’s tough to pass up an oppertunity to land a Studer like that… Good for you…

I was that close to landing a Radar… I don’t know the Version/Model/Year… It was that close… My Radar Buddy was on the phone and In-a-Second he said no… On my behalf… Mabey, it was supposed to be… I think it’s on it’s way to Nashville… Well… mabey, some day… I’ll own one…

I hear that some of those Studer Decks have an automatic Bias Adjust circuit built into them… Does your deck have that feature? You play about 10 seconds of tape, push a button, and it auto-adjusts/ optomisues ?? for that roll of tape…

Bill…

My family got me a Studio Projects Vtb1 pre-amp…I didn’t want to make a list because like Nils…things are a bit tough…but my three adult children and my wife came through with this little gem…It was actually my little 13 year old daughter that knew I wanted that…I taught her how to use n-tracks…she’s an aspiring bass player…:slight_smile: Just having my five kids there was just way too cool…can’t ask for better…Merry Post-Christmas guys :)

My family got me a Studio Projects Vtb1 pre-amp…I didn’t want to make a list because like Nils…things are a bit tough…but my three adult children and my wife came through with this little gem…It was actually my little 13 year old daughter that knew I wanted that…I taught her how to use n-tracks…she’s an aspiring bass player…:slight_smile: Just having my five kids there was just way too cool…can’t ask for better…Merry Post-Christmas guys :)

A Sabine tuner (very pleased- works much better than my old one), a cheapy Rogue accoustic (shocked at the quality you can get for under a $100 bucks now), a new guitar strap, and about 30 picks. :)

Merry Christmas!

I got a Line 6 Guitar Port…not being much of a guitar player and not having a good sounding amp, it seemed like a SUPER bang for the buck. I use to own an old Marshall Model 1959 Marshall (the Plexi kind with EL34s, small transformers, and small gold Marshall nameplate). It died back in the early 70’s and I’ve been looking for a replacement of some kind…any good old vintage amp would do, but those are big bucks these days…anyway, the Guitar Port has MANY of those amps/cabinets pegged, along with many vintage effects, including Fuzz Face (I still have one of those), and Echo Plex (even includes tape flutter, just like the real thing).

Works great with n-Track. It’s a USB device, but it has headphones out and stereo RCA as well. Many parameters are MIDI controlable. I need to get a MIDI pedal to do Wah and Volume.

Maybe some day I’ll be able to play guitar. No longer can I blame equipment…then again being vintage it doesn’t exactly make covering up crappy playing with effects easy…well, yes it can, but I’m really enjoying the old sounds.

Yes, it’s got new heavy high gain, clean blues jazz and clean british sounds, too. Nobody is left out.

:blues: It's been a very cool yule.... I got the Behringer BCA2000 and... guess what? Of my 4 different audio/sequencer programs only Ntrack works flawlessly!!!
Now that's COOL! Happy New Year to all!

My wife bought be a super Yamaha Steel strung - a FG-403MS. Really nice - bright sound, good sustain… I was gob-smacked! I wasn’t expecting anything like it!

Congrats the rest on what you all got - sounds like quite a blessed Christmas all around!

DSP

Quote (phoo @ Dec. 26 2004,21:01)
I got a Line 6 Guitar Port....not being much of a guitar player and not having a good sounding amp, it seemed like a SUPER bang for the buck. ...anyway, the Guitar Port has MANY of those amps/cabinets pegged, along with many vintage effects, including Fuzz Face (I still have one of those), and Echo Plex (even includes tape flutter, just like the real thing).

Works great with n-Track. It's a USB device, but it has headphones out and stereo RCA as well. Many parameters are MIDI controlable. I need to get a MIDI pedal to do Wah and Volume.

Maybe some day I'll be able to play guitar. No longer can I blame equipment....then again being vintage it doesn't exactly make covering up crappy playing with effects easy....well, yes it can, but I'm really enjoying the old sounds.

Yes, it's got new heavy high gain, clean blues jazz and clean british sounds, too. Nobody is left out.

I use to own an old Marshall Model 1959 Marshall (the Plexi kind with EL34s, small transformers, and small gold Marshall nameplate). It died back in the early 70's and I've been looking for a replacement of some kind...any good old vintage amp would do, but those are big bucks these days

Hi phoo:
I am wondering if you still have that 1959 Marshall Amp? If the transformers are good on it, then you have the vintage amp you're looking for. With good transformers, this amp is repairable.. At any rate, this amp can be put back into working condition a lot cheaper than going out to look for a 1959 that may not be as good as the one you have, now..

Those were great amps.. When they worked right, they sounded like a million bucks..

Bill..

[EDIT}
I'm still finding out how to make quotes..
Quote (phoo @ Dec. 26 2004,19:01)
....Echo Plex (even includes tape flutter, just like the real thing).

Yeah, but can you make it sound like Don Non? Or would you even want to? :p

Only cool thing I got this year was to my wife and myself from each other - a new car. Traded our worn-out 9 year old minivan for a 2005 PT Cruiser, Limited Edition. Turbo engine, 180hp, automatic, moonroof, chrome package, leather seats, 6 cd changer, Midnight Blue pearlcoat, very VERY cool.

No new musical toys for me but we bought our youngest daughter one of the Epiphone guitar starter kits with the guitar, amp, strap, etc. Not a bad little guitar for a beginner's model - WAY better than what I had when I started out.

No new gear, but 5.1 sound and a 68cm telly as a combined birthday/xmas present from all the relos putting in.

Gonna get me a hercules fw16/12 for my 30th next month…

I am wondering if you still have that 1959 Marshall Amp? If the transformers are good on it, then you have the vintage amp you're looking for. With good transformers, this amp is repairable.. At any rate, this amp can be put back into working condition a lot cheaper than going out to look for a 1959 that may not be as good as the one you have, now..
Unfortunately, no. The transformers are the very thing that blew in it a long time ago. It was considered unrepairable back then, so I sold it for $200 as-is (as-was), even back then and with the knowledge it wouldn't work and probably never would. I still wish I had it though.

Cool Sean! Umm...yes I can make it sound a bit like...umm....do you mean you can't tell what the notes are, but you can hear something mid-rangy ringing over on that side of the stage? Yes, it will do that, but it takes a real pro to sound like the real Don Non. :)

didnt get any toys,but i bought myself two nights in minneapolis an a ticket to the NFC NORTH Division championship game,in which my green bay packers won against the 3 point fav,in thier own home vikings of minnesota,it was smiles everywhere walkin in to the dome an through out most of the game,but in the last 1;45 sec only peeps smilin was GB fans,ive been to playoff games b4 ,but this takes the cake,the smile i was able to have when they was all sad in purple just made my year,:stuck_out_tongue: :laugh: :;): :D