Okay, so the fat dude in the red suit...

D…
I need a loan…
I was hoping I could phone the Bank-of-D

and fill out an application then go BUST…
Then you could go to Washington and get a Bail-out…

What are you doin…
spending all that Christmas Money… Anyway…
????

:laugh:
:p

Bill…

Cool D - best way to buy it is on usb disk - I’ve been downloading since yesterday - almost done though. My son gave me a WD usb drive to put it all on.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 30 2008, 3:02 PM)

Cool D - best way to buy it is on usb disk - I've been downloading since yesterday - almost done though. My son gave me a WD usb drive to put it all on.

Yeah... I don't have the patience to download it all. Besides, this way I can sit around and grouse at UPS! :laugh:

I'll install the whole schlamozzle on the DAW box and stash the USB drive for a backup. I;m looking forward to re-doing some shi%$y BIAB tunes I have on hard disk with RealBand. I don't think the tunes are that bad... they just don't sound "real" enough with the Roland VSC synth and such...

D

Only problem I see for me personally with BIB and RealBand is it sounds too good. I will have to be selective in it’s use; create choruses etc and burn different parts to import individual instruments into my own set of tracks. I personally don’t like perfectly in tune and in time songs. Character is important to me, being an old character my own se’f.

Make sure you explore the “Embellish” options. And remember, you can insert tempo changes anywhere and everywhere if you want. Changing tempo a few BPM here and there can add a bit of realism.

D

I like to embellish. There’s was this one time when me and ‘Sawmill Red’ was up on the Saragosa in mid winter it was, with nothin’ but our meager provisions of hard tack and buffalo jerky and melted snow…

I hope this is not a “Broke back Moutain” story? :laugh:

D

PS Sent from the Wii. How cool is that?

Yea - I have the wii browser too - it’s cool. They still charge 5 bucks for it?

Sent from my iPhone - who’s cool now?

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 30 2008, 5:35 PM)

Yea - I have the wii browser too - it's cool. They still charge 5 bucks for it?

Sent from my iPhone - who's cool now?

Heh-heh... you da' man Poppa... you da' man... I can't fit the Wii in my shirt pocket! :p

Yeah... the Wii Opera browser is 500 Wii points a.k.a. five dollaroonies... :agree:

D

They have all the old Atari games too - lots o’ fun there. The cheesy music - awesome.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 31 2008, 1:35 AM)

They have all the old Atari games too - lots o' fun there. The cheesy music - awesome.

I'm bored with all this chat about the Wii and Band in a Box. :-)

Can we talk about my gift now? My guitar lead.

It's black!

lol - I’ve never been so kindly told to shut up. Having heard you on video I’m tickled!

I think it’s another language thing here. What’s a black guitar lead? A Jimi Hendrix sample?

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 31 2008, 7:22 AM)

lol - I've never been so kindly told to shut up. Having heard you on video I'm tickled!

I think it's another language thing here. What's a black guitar lead? A Jimi Hendrix sample?

I'm just playing with you....

But now I'm not sure if you're playing with me..... "Jimi Hendrix lead".

All I know is that my lead is made from black coloured cable and has shiny shiny silver jack plugs. One on each end!

Ahhh… kerchingg.

UK: "lead"
US: “cable”.

Let’s start again.

I got a black guitar cable for Christmas. :slight_smile:

Ah the old language barrier again. Following your thread about Rossi & Parfitt, I got into a conversation with a friend of mine in Dubai who I took to see Status Quo a couple of years ago.
The problem is he will insist on calling them ‘Status Quo’. I told him, it’s not ‘Status Quo’ it’s ‘Status Quo’. If you go into a music shop in the UK and ask for ‘Status Quo’ they won’t understand you. You have to ask for ‘Status Quo’ not ‘Status Quo’…it’s very clear!
I mean you wouldn’t ask for a Tomato when you meant a Tomato…would you?

:whistle:

Leads Cords ? ? ?
Valves Tubes ? ? ?
Stat Us Quo State Us Quo
Tomat Toe Tomate Toe ? ? ?
Short Old Fart Tommy Willis ? ? ?
Zay Yaz ? ? ?
English sure is confusing. :laugh:

Lead = LEAD as in;

Lead (pronounced /ˈlÉ›d/) is a main group element with a symbol Pb (Latin: plumbum). Lead has the atomic number 82. Lead is a soft, malleable poor metal, …

I thought Mark had taken up “Black Metal” guitar music… :laugh:

D

Quote: (Dubious @ Dec. 31 2008, 1:18 PM)

Lead = LEAD as in;

Lead (pronounced /ˈlɛd/) is a main group element with a symbol Pb (Latin: plumbum). Lead has the atomic number 82. Lead is a soft, malleable poor metal, ...

I thought Mark had taken up "Black Metal" guitar music... :laugh:

D

I did wonder where I was going wrong.

:-)

Stay-tus Quo.

Guitar leeeeeeed.

Beeeeeta version

Day-ta transfer

Poe-Tay-Toe

The English language IS a lot of fun no? :laugh:

I’m always harassing my youngest with stuff like;

“Hey if ‘tough’ is pronounced ‘tuff’… how come ‘doughnuts’ aren’t ‘duffnuts’?” LOL…

Then of course there’s my boss who was born and raised in Spain. He speaks what I call “Spanglish”…

D

How long is your lead you got for Christmas? or to put it another way - how long is your lead you got for Christmas?

I say tomato, not tomato.