Okay... what new gear didja get...

music gear that is…

M-Audio Axiom 61. Its great. Now if I only knew how to play keys!

UJ

I never got any new toys… :heart-break:

Santa decided I was a bad boy…
sigh…
trying to restore tired iron and tube amps put me at the bottom of His list…

IT really would have been nice if he’d have put a soup can and a nice length of cod twine in my sock…
:)
:p
:laugh:

Bill…

[edit] Now He wants me to go out and shovel the driveway… We got hit with some wet snow overnight… About 5"-7" inches of it… It came up the shore overnight, now it’s +2c outside and raining… His sleigh ran over my shovel and broke the handle… sigh…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Dec. 27 2010, 6:22 AM)

a nice length of cod twine in my sock..

Hmmm... nope. I gots nuttin'... :laugh:

There's a setup there... I just KNOW there is... ROFL

UJ

I got a little pocket pod. They have improved over the years, but still sound just a bit flat to me. Thought it worth a try, for 50 bucks.

The setup is…

You can never have enough mics in your mic locker…

The Soup Can would have been the latest addition to my mic collection and the Cod Twine would have been the connection to MarkA’s new mic preamps that he’s working on…
Anyway, I was only trying to be smart
:)
:p
:laugh:

A Fender Twin Silver Faced '72-'73 amp from Florida originally, is on it’s way into the shop between now and the end of the year…
It’s gonna get a new set of Groove Tubes 6L6 output tubes and be re-biased…
I hope to get a set of photos of it and get it documented and then get some Movie Videos of the owner doing some chopps with his guitar and pedal setup that he uses on the stage… Then post the video up on YouTube…

We’ll see…

Bill…

No music toys here… although the guitar studio boss did get me a copy of Guitar Pro 6 just before Christmas so I can tab out all the lead exercises and licks etc.

Bill - instead of cod twine, try Skype. It’s better :slight_smile:

Mic preamp may have to wait as I am responsible for slightly remodelling the rear of the car. Stupid PRNDL stick.

Quote: (Mark A @ Dec. 27 2010, 1:24 PM)

Bill - instead of cod twine, try Skype.
It's better :-)

I've often wondered if Bill wasn't guilty of talking to fish... :laugh:

Hee-hee...

UJ - just talks to himself... ALL of us.

Oh yeah… I bought my oldest a hard case with a pile of slobber harps in it. Now to see what he comes up with. The turd can play anything. He’ll probably come back in a few days tootin’ all over the things.

This setup here; Slobber harp kit

UJ

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Dec. 28 2010, 8:30 AM)

Oh yeah... I bought my oldest a hard case with a pile of slobber harps in it. Now to see what he comes up with. The turd can play anything. He'll probably come back in a few days tootin' all over the things.

This setup here; Slobber harp kit

UJ

Nice harp set.

I have a few here and I've can sort of get a tune out of them. Great fun instrument once you get your head around using the harp in the "wrong" key.

Bring on the "got me a new harp blues" blues.

Lee Oscars are my favs. that’s a good price for them! But I’ve noticed that they tend to be just a tiny bit flat. Why is that? Perhaps just my luck.

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 28 2010, 9:29 AM)

Lee Oscars are my favs.
that's a good price for them!
But I've noticed that they tend to be just a tiny bit flat.
Why is that?
Perhaps just my luck.

I would imagine that a harp is similar to other instruments in that the wood/metal/etc can expand/contract/move? I dunno. Or is there a technique thing that can cause flatness? Again, I dunno. Just guessing.

I know NOTHING about these things. My son says “Cool! Now I got learn how to play and bend and stuff!” I was like; “You better not BEND 'em?!?!?” :laugh:

Got a bud that’s a pretty good harp player. He’s like my son though… blessed with the talent to play whatever he picks up. People like that make me SOOOO green with envy! Ugh!

UJ

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Dec. 27 2010, 2:58 PM)

I know NOTHING about these things. My son says "Cool! Now I got learn how to play and bend and stuff!" I was like; "You better not BEND 'em?!?!?" :laugh:

Got a bud that's a pretty good harp player. He's like my son though... blessed with the talent to play whatever he picks up. People like that make me SOOOO green with envy! Ugh!

UJ

Tell me about it! I've spent me life struggling to mediocrity;-( but my daughter is a complete natural. When she was around the age of 9, a friend of ours handed her a strange, ancient and mystical squeeze-box thingamejig, declaring that, only forgotten celts, could from it, command a melody.
She was killin' us within an hour - makes yuh sick.

Bestest Dad moment #1,000,000,457

Nothing new for me this year. Getting stuff has finally passed to the younger generation.

I gpt my son a few Sabian HHX Evolution crashes, and a cheap Wuhan china that sounds great actually. He’s to the point he can start cracking his own so I can get back to cracking mine.

I’m more than impressed with the crashes. He’s got 3 HHX now and all are some of the best I’ve heard.

Good, innit, phoo? Evolution, before our very eyes:-)

Yeah, this time around it was music toys for kids. Our 11 year old daughter wanted taylor swift’s guitar, but she got a Fender. I taught her G, C and D, and by the evening she had written a song, and the melody is better than any I have ever written. I am not exaggerating, or engaging in hyperbole, or even a smidge of parental chest puffing. She’s at a sleep over, but tomorrow we’re going to record a tiny bit of it, the chorus, which is just one chord, and go back and redo it after she gets a bit better at chord changes. I will post the excerpt so you all can hear.

My son, we gave him a PSP. He has not put it down. He got up last night at 2AM to mess with it. This is not good. darn thing does skype!

other daughter, we got a fancy digital movie camera and software, because she wants to make movies. But she and her sister have actually spent the most time with their ‘born again’ babies. Took them to the mall yesterday to fool all of the senior citizen ladies. and we did. :laugh:

Quote: (Mark A @ Dec. 27 2010, 3:24 PM)

No music toys here.... although the guitar studio boss did get me a copy of Guitar Pro 6 just before Christmas so I can tab out all the lead exercises and licks etc.

Bill - instead of cod twine, try Skype.
It's better :-)

Mic preamp may have to wait as I am responsible for slightly remodelling the rear of the car.
Stupid PRNDL stick.

Hi MarkA and All:

I got Skype loaded and running.. However, the last time I used it it didn't close as it normally would have..
Then I was not signed in when I boot the next time..
Said I need to sign in..
I entered my password and it told me that I used the wrong password..
It took me several days for me to get a temp password and now I just got signed in again late yesterday..
It seems to be back up and running normally, again..
???
Why things happen like that ????

I detect something might have got in your way while driving..
AND...
You had a difference of opinion of where you wanted to go and lost..
:whistle:

Bill..

We went to Alabama (Daphne - just south of Mobile) to visit the grandkids (7-year-old boy/girl twins and and 18-month old toddler) and their Mommy and Daddy for Christmas.

Soooo, Santa came early at my house about a month ago. Ms. Claus (aka Linda) let me buy my own present - a new Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS. I traded my trusty ole 1989 MIJ 60’s Reissue.
I haven’t done any recording with it yet, but I’ve played 3 or 4 gigs with it.
So far I love it!!!

Bill - I used to have a silver face 1969 Fender Twin - best amp I ever owned. Good look with your restoration. Those things weigh a ton, so don’t hurt your back carrying it around!!

Happy New Year to all!!!

Don

well i got the flu for christmas & still
feel so awful i havent even touched the secondnand digitech
gnx4 evryone got me.
i got a set of cool ramones plectrums aswell, moneys not evrything