Old tune I found tonight

I’ve been going through my oldest hard drive tonight and found this song - which I absolutely love the story and history of, by Hoyt Axton. Oh I’m A Good Old Rebel

Where is he …

Today?
Is he still with us?
He made quite an impression on the business when he was working…
He was quite the story-teller…
Then there was Tom T. Hall…
I remember working on his stage…
OoHh…
The story telling…
He had a huge following around these parts…
Well…
both of them…

Bill…

That brought a tear to my eye!

Ya know Hoyt wrote some amazing tunes, covered by a lot of classic rock bands, Steppenwolf, Three Dog Night, just to name a few.
Always had great lyrics.

Tom T. Hall, another tune smith! “I remember the year that Clayton Delaney died . . .”

I remember doing Watermelon Wine on that stage…

Why don’t they do stuff like that anymore…
????

There was several songs done with that flavor…
Now that Poppa Willis is into wine making…
We neew one from Him…
I’ll start you off…
A good up-Tempo Two-Step…
Don’t forget…
Lots of Kick-and-Snare from that EZ Drummer…
:laugh:
:)
:laugh:

It’s the kind of stuff Leonnard liked to get-At…
We sure miss him around here…
I miss his Dobro Lines…

:heart-break:

Bill…

Hoyt dialed 9 and got a line out some time ago. Tom T. Hall just keeps recording. I find his new CD’s in the college radio station “give away box” consistently. Good source for great music by the way. Last two have been stone cold bluegrass. “He’ll Be a Hero In Harlan Tonight” was on the last one I found. A very well written pro freedom anti war song that would have been worn out by now if just one college kid had a lick of sense, and tweren’t educmacated so far beyond his level of intelligence. But such is life when a great career is delegated to the bargain and give-away bin of life.

This rebel song haunts me with thoughts of how many other ‘rebel’ songs were written that we’ll never hear. Although I am a rebel at heart, my interest is solely in the songwriting.