old version, same comp

tracks cutting out after converted

I’ve been using the same old version of N-track and am just recently running into problems where random tracks will cut out and cut back in when the entire song is converted to wav. I just reformatted my system and reinstalled the program… still having the problem. I know my system specs are well above minimum and was curious if anyone might have a reason why this might be happening.
(it happens on different tracks and different parts every time).

please help,
Thanks.

ps. its v3.0

Are you running any unregistered plugins?

Dave T2

no, i’m not.

Is the program registered?

yes it is.

Try temporarily setting the size of your playback buffers to maximum, and see if that stops or reduces the dropouts

T

You might try reinstalling the soundcard drivers, and/or updating to the latest version.

What soundcard are you using?

Also do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to see what programs and tasks are running to see how much memory you have available.

Are you able to successfully play other music, CDs or MP3s with say, Winamp or Windows Media?

Quote (tspringer @ June 28 2006,16:27)
Try temporarily setting the size of your playback buffers to maximum, and see if that stops or reduces the dropouts

T

i just tried this but if anything that only seemed to make it cut out on more tracks at random times.

actually i just tried turning it down and so far that seemed to do the trick but ill give it some time and see if it continues to work properly.

so i had to convert something before band practice to day and sadly Another track is cutting out (btw, this is with Every sng file… not just one). So i guess im still searching for a solution

<!–QuoteBegin>

ou might try reinstalling the soundcard drivers…

I’ll try this soon, but…
<!–QuoteBegin>
…and/or updating to the latest version

^I don’t feel like repaying for a program i already bought hah.

and yes i’m succesful at playing other form of audio like cds,dvds,mp3s,etc.
I’ll check my pc performance a little latter but i have to run off to practice for now.

Thanks for trying to help guys. If you have any more tips, please let me know.