On the Heavy side...

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jul. 05 2008, 9:22 AM)

Hi jerm:
I've been busy on other things and not paying attention to song links that gets posted here.. AND.. I have a slow modem connection to the Internet, as well.. I read in an earlier post that you are waiting for Jon Wooten to post you some drum tracks for your project..

What a great drummer this guy is.. AND.. he has the Musical Edge for the Tracks he makes for a lot of Music Styles/Flavors..

Bill..

Have no fear Bill,

Once the Cd is complete this track will be up on the band website as one of the "sample" streams this winter, so if you can wait till then you'll get to hear it.

Yes, met John over at artistcollab a few years back, great guy and talent.
Speaking of that, you do know your link to that site is dead, are we just hanging onto it to nostalgia sake? :D

This file is over 8MG so on dial up I would estimate it to download just under 1 1/2 hours, sorry. :disagree:

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:
Quote: (Bruffie @ Jul. 05 2008, 9:41 AM)

Hi Jerm,

Not an easy song to sing.

Your telling me!

I must have done 100 takes for the vocal!

I sang it for a week straight a hundred different ways (different inflections, different keys, octaves, tones etc) and really strained my vocal cords on some of them.
I was trying too hard if you know what I mean, to sound heavy (like Lemmy or Gene Simmons) in lower ranges and then then tried this range, it just fit and was more natural and easier beleive it or not. :whistle:

Thanks for all the kind words it means a lot coming from musicians of this caliber. ???

keep shinin'

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jul. 04 2008, 11:24 PM)

the double-tracked vocals have an ian anderson feel.
as a fan of frequent over-processing, sticking a delay or slapback on them vox is something that i could get behind. i like to use an effect called 'retrodelay'. don't know a link right now. it's free, has several parameters that can create cool things with some tinkering.
wait, here's the link:
http://e-phonic.com/plugins/

Sorry missed this one,

Thanks for the plugs in a leaky boat you can never have enough of those :)

I'm doing my best to follow all the suggestions. :D

Thanks for the time and ear.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jul. 04 2008, 11:24 PM)

yep the need the drums.

Are you sure you downloaded the right track?
There are drums on the file (not on the other file that is a sep for the drummer) sure they are fruityloops (ten second export clips strung together like a 4 minute pearl necklace) but they are there.

keep shinin

It should have read,

Quote:

“Oh, and one more thing…I put the 1,2,3,4 at the end as Yaz suggested as well.”

keep shinin