On the way home from dinner, tonight...

…I saw a little cat’s life ended, by an SUV.

I won’t bother you all with what I wrote about this on my facebook page, but there is a poignant little melody that has been running around in my head for the last week, and it is about to be dedicated to a tiny little life that ended in the grass beside Dixie drive, here in Dayton…

Over here, in these parts, we are blessed with huge numbers of wild pheasants out and around the Beach roads…
They dart out between the shoulder of the roads between the bushes,
no telling when they decide to cross the narrow roads, going towards the beaches… For some reason they choose not to take flight…

I’ve yet to see any dead pheasants on the roads…
I just don’t know how they avoid getting run over…
???
:p

Bill…

The emoticons won’t let me do a sad face.

We changed the names of Hedgehogs to Deadgehogs because that was the only state we ever saw them in - now we don’t see any, full stop.
We do have a pheasant on this lane that is unlike any I have ever known. It doesn’t try to escape the cars, it chases them.

Are hedgehogs the same as groundhogs? If so, I have a family living under our back deck that you can have. Cute things.

Hideous, spiky, green thing around two feet in leangth, gives birth via it’s ear cannal every forteen years to the day? That’s the critter.
Sorry Danny.

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Oct. 08 2010, 8:09 PM)

...I saw a little cat's life ended, by an SUV.

I won't bother you all with what I wrote about this on my facebook page, but there is a poignant little melody that has been running around in my head for the last week, and it is about to be dedicated to a tiny little life that ended in the grass beside Dixie drive, here in Dayton...

Did you ever watch that movie "Gummo"? Took place in Xenia not too far from y'all. :laugh: