One for the Yazmiester

An old song with great words

Ok. This is just a quick vocal take. I’ve had the music hanging around and never plucked up the courage to try to sing it. Now I’ve had a go, I might persevere and try to do a good job later.

Forgive the obvious mistakes…i.e in the timing, phrasing, and the parts where I simply overeached my abilities.
This was done in one go by working the mic. Singing 6 inches from the mic for the quiet parts and 3 ft from the mic for the others. Panned the vox hard left and right, a little reverb and no eq.

Apologies for the rough result but I love the song and the words. If you’re ever feeling old and jaded like I occasionally do, this is for you.
Cheers,
Ian
One for Yaz

Wow Bruffie, you really opened up on this one. You’ve really got some pipes. You nailed the high parts. Jeez, I don’t know if Yaz will be able to deal with hearing two performances that he inspired in the same day.

Yeah this is a really evocative song. But, personally, I’d trade being forever young for just a smidgen of wisdom. Mehh. It was easy to be young. I’ve worked hard at the wisdom part, and have gotten nowhere.

T

Quote: (tspringer @ Oct. 07 2007, 7:42 PM)

Wow Bruffie, you really opened up on this one. You've really got some pipes. You nailed the high parts. Jeez, I don't know if Yaz will be able to deal with hearing two performances that he inspired in the same day.

Yeah this is a really evocative song. But, personally, I'd trade being forever young for just a smidgen of wisdom. Mehh. It was easy to be young. I've worked hard at the wisdom part, and have gotten nowhere.

T

Actually it was your post that made me get off my ass and have a go at singing it. Now I've tried I'll maybe take a bit of care and try to do a good job.

With you on the wisdom! I seem to just get older but no wiser!
:)

Holy Cow! Dang it Ian, the vocal is giving me chills, DANG FINE JOB!
Can you hear my wife applauding in the background! She said it’s great!

Man, Ian and T have set the bar extremely high!

Yaz :agree: :agree: :agree:

In that case, ask the wife how I can sort out the screw ups, flats, timing issues etc… :)
Ain’t it funny how the more you listen to something you’ve done, the more defects you hear!!
On reflection, maybe I should have taken more than an hour to do the vox :)
If only I wasn’t so lazy. I went to the college of " It’ll do"