One more this week

:frowning:

Well, life interfered with vacation time, but I did get this done last night and this morning - “Caught up in my Shabby Clothes”:

Caught Up In My Shabby Clothes - Click here

Another nice job T !

I found myself looking for the kick and snare fader though. About 3 db more?

I know …

Guitar solo was perfect!

Epic.
That’s my kind of tune.

Love how you leave us hanging on that last chord…
You’re showing off now :p

Again, if I turn up the kick and snare you’ll hear how crappy they are.
This way your brian fills in the parts.
:)

The guitar solo: that high note at the end is the highest fret bent up - never had a use for that before - that was fun.

Thanks for the comments guys, and thanks for listening! (I was kinda hoping you’d like that one, Craig) :D

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 14 2008, 7:42 PM)

This way your brian fills in the parts. :)

I don't have a Brian, but I do have a Dan. Will he do to fill in the parts?

("He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" was the other thing that sprang to mind).

S'pose I should do the honour of listening to your song now :-)

Ok, another excellent composition Tom, and well played and sung. Yeah, so maybe drums ain’t your main thing but you know how to work within what you can do so all credit to you.

I know I’ve said it before but I really like your songs Tom.

Quote:

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy

Yes, and I'm a "baritone-ish" singer. ???

I LOVE this song! Usually a new song has to grow on me but with this one I kept playing it over and over because it has so much flavor and it just prompted me to sing along! I was adding background and doing some freestyle vocal riffing and it just has so much soul! Your vocals are EXCELLENT! I think this is a good song for me to study mix-wise. I’m probably going to PM you Tom if you don’t mind? I’ve got some questions for ya!

Very nice!
I’m a sucker for interesting chord patterns, and here’s one right here.
G/C/D really doesn’t do much for me anymore.
I like the changes when the “caught up in my shabby clothes” line is sung.
The guitar arpeggiating is nice done.
I never listened to much Oasis, but something about this song gives me a real Oasis feel.
I’m likely (as always) mistaken.
Maybe it’s something else I’m hearing.

Excellent work!
jdet
www.soundclick.com/bands/johndoeseviltwin

Quote: (mfl @ Mar. 14 2008, 5:49 PM)

I LOVE this song! Usually a new song has to grow on me but with this one I kept playing it over and over because it has so much flavor and it just prompted me to sing along! I was adding background and doing some freestyle vocal riffing and it just has so much soul! Your vocals are EXCELLENT! I think this is a good song for me to study mix-wise. I'm probably going to PM you Tom if you don't mind? I've got some questions for ya!

I answer any and all questions; please note that answers that make sense cost extra.
:D

Thanks, you are very kind.

Funny you mention Oasis, Mr. Evil Twin - I can't say that I've ever really listened to them, but more than one person has said that there is some similarity. Think I can sue?

Didn’t think you chaps in the US had heard of Oasis…I thought they came running back to the UK with their tails between their legs!!! :)

Awesome song Tom! I really, really like this one. I’d love to hear a few things and it would be perfect.

1) Get the drums out there a bit. Use replacement if you need to… it’s not hard. (Well… not hard in R)
2) STRINGS! Whoa yeah… some nice soaring strings reprising the chorus. Not too obnoxious though…
3) Post a full fidelity version some place. Even if just a 45 second clip. Seriously guy… you could SELL this one. $$$$$ I can easily see (hear?) this one making it to TV or film and then… ?

D - GREEN with envy, but happy for The Spademan Hit Factory! :agree:

What’s being said at 2:39 ? One of the kids?

Or am I hearing the voices again?

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 15 2008, 10:53 PM)

What's being said at 2:39 ? One of the kids?

Or am I hearing the voices again?

"I buried Paul"

Actually, I think it's the echo from the string sound made when I released the note on the solo guitar. Or creepy voices from beyond, if you'd like. :whistle:

Nice one Tom.
You have a real gift for song writing/singing /arranging. Nothing like the high notes on a Strat? Actually I find in the key of E 21 frets on mine is one short of the high note on the 22nd that I am often looking for.
The drums still need a tad more volume to my ears. Well done.
What interface are you using to record thru?

Hey One-Way - that was actually a PRS with p90 pickups - and 22 frets! Most of the tracks were through an LA610, into my now venerable Aardvark Q10. You are right about the drums, but if you heard them more you’d say “turn those awful things down!”

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 17 2008, 12:32 PM)

Hey One-Way - that was actually a PRS with p90 pickups - and 22 frets! Most of the tracks were through an LA610, into my now venerable Aardvark Q10. You are right about the drums, but if you heard them more you'd say "turn those awful things down!"

Tom, I can really recommend getting a couple of cheap drum triggers (usually just a few $$$ on ebay); one for the kick and one for the snare, and a cheap trigger module (eg Alesis), although I have heard about doing without. It's then much easier to record a midi track for the all important kick and snare -which you can tweak the timing errors etc on and re-trigger with better samples if so desired.

Once the kick and snare are in the pocket the whole thing will sound better even if the overheads/cymbals are not quite up to par.

Are you saying that my OH tracks are not up to par????

:laugh:

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 18 2008, 12:21 AM)

Are you saying that my OH tracks are not up to par????

:laugh:

No, I'm saying that my OHs are not up to par

:whistle: