One of My New Teles

Well a little story for you fine folks. As you know I ordered a Fender American Series Telecaster HH and a Nashville Power Tele awhile back. The HH model arrived about a week ago.

Just a little description of what the HH i supposed to look like. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard, body style like a 52 telecaster, two humbuckers (fat not stacked), and a hardtail bridge (more strat like than tele like).

Now here’s what I opened. Maple neck rosewood fretnoard, serial number verifies as an american Series HH. All is going great neck feels muay perfecto. Now on to the body. Ah …beautifull chrome blue, sexier color than what I thought it would be, wow nice black pickguard…solid but tensile…really gives the axe a nice modern look. Yep humbucker in the neck position.

WHAT THE ^&%$ A single coil in the bridge. What is going on here. This is an HS model but the neck confirms it as an HH model and it has a rosewood fretboard and the HS was only produced with a maple fretboard.

So I’m thinking okay maybe they did produce an HH model with a vertical stacked humbucker in the bridge position so a visually it could look like an HS model right. Searched high and low and all look like fat buckers.

So anyway I called Fender and they told me what I have here is a factory faux pas. The guitar was produced with the wrong bridge assembly. Now you all would think I would be rather upset at this but actually this is a blessing. I originally wanted a HS model but didn’t like the look of alll maple neck and it just doesn’t come with a rosewood fretboard, so I decided on the HH. So I have the model I initially wanted with the neck that I wanted but they didn’t produce.

Now a second blessing… the humbucker in the neck has moucho grande low end and the single coil neck pickup has moucho grande high end, so these balance very well together.
In retrospect two buckers would have been sonic over kill in the low end.

It doesn’t say alot about Fender’s quality control though. I wonder if there are any of you guys who had similar experiences? and before ya all tell me I should try before I buy just rember that bigfoot does exist, I live in his general vacinity and he doesn’t have a fender guiatar shop set up yet.

For all you non North Americans - bigfoot is a 8 foot tall hair ape man creature who inhabits remote woodland and mountainous areas where only the most mentally introverted humans inhabit.

A Tele wielding Sasquatch eh? Tre’ cool Stu. Sounds like you got a cool axe. A hundred years from now, it might be worth MORE because of the faux pas.

Tell Bigfoot I want my Nike’s back…

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

For all you non North Americans - bigfoot is a 8 foot tall hair ape man creature who inhabits remote woodland and mountainous areas where only the most mentally introverted humans inhabit.

We call them Yowies.

Do you believe in these Willy?

The romantic in me would like to beleive in all sorts of fantasy creatures. I’ve seen no evidenve of them personally, but things pop up every now and again. Google brings up a few hits.

Quote (Willy @ June 18 2006,00:47)

We call them Yowies.
Eyup!

We call them Scots.....

(surely Ali has got to reply to this)

:D

Steve

here’s of picture of my cutting board witha 2x4 bolted to it, next to my Yamaha.

Nice Yamaha! :p

Man…It’s already dirty!

Must be that air polution there! :p

Is the plastic covering still on it? (pickguard)

What color is the other one?

KF

Hey…is that a black polar bear?

The Yamaha is two tone burst transparent green. Sides and back are dark transparent green. It really shows my enironmental side.

The guitars weren’t cleaned up. I should give the ladies a little rub and repost.

Ya the polar bear is black, it’s car exhaust staining.

Quote (Beefy Steve @ June 18 2006,13:27)
Quote (Willy @ June 18 2006,00:47)

We call them Yowies.

Eyup!

We call them Scots.....

(surely Ali has got to reply to this)

Steve
:D :D :D

Oh Btw - Stu - It is not often that you order something as a compromise and then fault in your favour turns out to be the thing you wanted from the beginning.

Very cool.

I suggest you buy a lottery ticket - you might be on a roll.