Only in America

News article

Good to see another perpetuating the stereotype of Americans as being unable to think for themselves, take any responsibility for their actions and then sue someone for their 5 minutes in the spotlight :)

Hi RichLum:
Fastenating…

85db is the optiminum Pressure Level for Audio Trackers-and-Mixers…

At my age, I’m good for about 4 hours at that level… Now… :O ???

I think of IT as the Bottom Time for SCUBA Divers… Well…

Bill…

And this is a NEW problem that only iPod users suffer? Maybe I should sue the night clubs that rented me and my sound system because they allowed me to run the thing at more than 110db for hours at a time (ocassionally…but occasional enough that I have very real hearing damage). Yeah, that was ALL their fault. I had nothing to do with it. Where’s my money?

It (including my running of the sound system that loud) only proves that people are idiots. Heck I’m such an idiot that I might even consider burning my nards with hot coffee for $7 million dollars.

Take the warning labels off everything and let natural selection do it’s work.

It’s not the warning labels that are such a pain in the butt as the people who read the labels and do it anyway. Double doors into a store or shop, lock one and put sign saying ‘use other door’ , spend the day watching how many idiots run into the door.

Hey my wrist and neck hurts from typing on this forum thread, who do I bitch to about that?

Quote (RichLum @ Feb. 02 2006,19:57)
News article

Good to see another perpetuating the stereotype of Americans as being unable to think for themselves, take any responsibility for their actions and then sue someone for their 5 minutes in the spotlight :)

Darn right. Who can we sue?

:)

Maybe there should be a sticker on my chair that warns me that too much sitting will cause my butt to get fat…
:D

Quote (phoo @ Feb. 02 2006,22:58)
And this is a NEW problem that only iPod users suffer? Maybe I should sue the night clubs that rented me and my sound system because they allowed me to run the thing at more than 110db for hours at a time (ocassionally…but occasional enough that I have very real hearing damage). Yeah, that was ALL their fault. I had nothing to do with it. Where’s my money?

It (including my running of the sound system that loud) only proves that people are idiots. Heck I’m such an idiot that I might even consider burning my nards with hot coffee for $7 million dollars.

I’m thinking a multiple-defendant suit over my hearing loss: Marshall for making their amps sound so good that dang loud, Gibson for making their guitars sound so good that dang loud, and phoo for keeping his favorite crash cymbal right where I could reach out and grab it night after night. :p

And speaking of burned nards, any idiot who puts hot, steaming, McDonalds coffee between their legs while driving deserves burned nards. Besides, EVERYBODY knows that Waffle House has the best coffee and it doesn’t come out of the pot at the boiling point, either. Sheesh.
Quote (YazMiester @ Feb. 03 2006,04:05)
It's not the warning labels that are such a pain in the butt as the people who read the labels and do it anyway. Double doors into a store or shop, lock one and put sign saying 'use other door' , spend the day watching how many idiots run into the door.

Hey my wrist and neck hurts from typing on this forum thread, who do I bitch to about that?

Heh, my fave is watching folks push on a door that says "pull" and bump their heads against it. :D

Really, Sean, you ought to sue Gibson for getting you to believe that those guitars actually do sound good. :)

Right on Willy!

Ray

Quote (TomS @ Feb. 04 2006,09:16)
Really, Sean, you ought to sue Gibson for getting you to believe that those guitars actually do sound good. :)

But they do. So do Fenders, Rickenbackers, Gretsch’s, Hamers, some PRS’s, and a host of others. They all have their own quirks and sounds and uses, just depends on what the mood of the moment is.

Now as for amps…if you’ve got a real live all tube Marshall, why would you want anything else? :p
Quote (Sean @ Feb. 04 2006,11:58)
Now as for amps......if you've got a real live all tube Marshall, why would you want anything else? :p

Decent clean sounds ?

I hear words of WAR…AAAAHHHHHH!!!

Nah. War is the other thread. See Yikes :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Maybe there should be a sticker on my chair that warns me that too much sitting will cause my butt to get fat…
:D

Or at least one that warns you against falling off it, or failing that, standing on it.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Take the warning labels off everything and let natural selection do it’s work

that made me laugh more than any post EVER!!!
am i sad