Ooh la la! The Return of 'Gunther'

Music of quality and distinction

Hey Guys!
What are we doing wrong when this guy can have a string of hits!

Teeny Weeny String Bikini.

And “better” still…Chinese Gunther :laugh:

Night of Fire

Eyup!

I thought the Chinese Gunther was magnificent!

Steve

Thanks for the post Bruffie. I’m totally speachless…

But I did learn something. I have learned to better appreciate the separation of North America from Europe and Asia that is provided by the oceans.

How in heaven do you find the stuff you post… No don’t tell me. Really, PLEASE don’t tell me. And don’t tell anybody else either. But do keep 'em coming. As we say down in Alabama: What a hoot!

T

Quote (Beefy Steve @ June 03 2006,15:42)
Eyup!

I thought the Chinese Gunther was magnificent!

Steve

Aah! You must have been lured by the magnificent choreography and stunning pyrotechnics.
Had he produced flames from the only other other orifice available, it would be a sure fire winner (pardon the pun) :laugh:

I have run across Gunther before. I have never really established if this guy is supposed to be taken seriously.

Quote (Bubbagump @ June 03 2006,18:08)
I have never really established if this guy is supposed to be taken seriously.

What?????

You don’t suppose his uncle finanaced the whole thing (I mean, it is well produced) and he really thinks he is some sort of super artist while the rest of us thinks he is a putz? Just one of those things that keeps me up at night. I have to imagine he is a joke and knows it… but you never know.

Quote (Bubbagump @ June 04 2006,20:12)
You don't suppose his uncle finanaced the whole thing (I mean, it is well produced) and he really thinks he is some sort of super artist while the rest of us thinks he is a putz? Just one of those things that keeps me up at night. I have to imagine he is a joke and knows it.... but you never know.

Im assuming he's a smart cookie and is milking it for all he can get. Kind of, so bad and cheesy that he fascinates everyone. I 1st thought " how could he sacrifice musical integrity to do that?". But, you know what ? I would do it if it put a couple of million in the bank :)

Cheers,
Ian
Quote (Bruffie @ June 04 2006,14:07)
...I would do it if it put a couple of million in the bank...

But is he making money from it? I don't see how; surely to God no one is paying for this stuff.
Quote (BillClarke @ June 04 2006,22:28)
Quote (Bruffie @ June 04 2006,14:07)
...I would do it if it put a couple of million in the bank...

But is he making money from it? I don't see how; surely to God no one is paying for this stuff.

Come on Bill!
Remember DJ Otzy with " Hey Baby", or Las Ketchup? Or go back to Baccarat " Yes Sir I can Boogie", Joe Dolce " Shaddupa ya face"? The Continental Europeans will buy anything :D ( I'll keep my head down now)

Eyup!

I actually think it’s quite clever.

It’s aimed at the summer holiday crowd and is designed to apeal to the widest possible audience.
The girls are hot, the boys are hot and their sexuality is somewhat ambivalent.
The music is easy on the ears, yet danceable, and the lyrics are repetetive and contain some easily remembered hooks.

Who can forget the “Ooh la la!” and Gunthers famous pout!

Whether it’s Gunther in the driving seat is another matter.

Steve

This guy is for real. Here is his Homepage. Yeah, he seems to write these simplistic tunes dripping with sexuality and a driving dance backbeat. I don’t think I have ever heard him actually sing. My guess is that he has an “in” at a decently large recording company that can promote his crap… er tunes. And as Beefy pointed out, it really is quite clever when you consider that his only real reason for writing is the commercial aspect of the “song”.

Who can forget his hit " You touch my tra la la "

???

Why, he may be the new Liberace… :)

Beefy and Dr Guitar!!

That’s what I was trying to say. If only I could explain it so well :)

Quote (DrGuitar @ June 05 2006,01:10)
Why, he may be the new Liberace... :)

But Liberace could play :) Whereas Gunther seems to be making money out of Music with no discernable musical ability whatsoever!
However, as I said before, I'd take the cash too :)

I am permanently scarred now by those images of Chinese Gunther wearing red speedos, red boots, a gold cape and nothing else!!!

“Night of Fire”… sound like Chinese Gunther should have had that curry last night…

Quote (Bruffie @ June 04 2006,23:44)
Whereas Gunther seems to be making money out of Music with no discernable musical ability whatsoever!

Well… To his credit, it’s all in tune, in time, and expertly recorded & mixed.

That credit really belongs to the producer(s), though.