Opening last song problem

Just finished about 10 tracks and named the sng file and saved all.
Tying to open up the project and pop up box says can’t find .wav file, or can’t open. Sometimes I get a screen with all the initial tracks but no wav files. The bad parts are in the recycle bin.
I looked under “file” and it shows the latest .sng project.
What do I need to do?
thx
Lou

move back from the computer and wait for the sparks and explosion to begin.
???

but seriously restore any wav’s from the recycling bin you can find.

if that doesn’t bring them back, make sure you are sending Ntrack to the same directory the files are in to look for them, eg. Documents>Music>Song folder.

dontcare :cool:

Also, n-T shows the names of the files, in the “missing file” warning box.

If you saved the files under a unique name ( always a good idea) do a search for the wave files. Unless the files were not created they are on the computer somewhere - the files are created as the recording is made directly to disk, the n-track save just links them together. Once you locate the files you can use File > Import to bring them into n-track and save the n-track file again. Oh, another way to search would be by when the files were created ( use *.wav and specify a date range.
Let us know if this works.
Hope this helps.
Bax

Well, I just tried to post a response - so pardon if this turns out to be a double post.
If you saved the tracks under a unique name ( always a good idea see note below) Then do a search for the wav files.
If you know when the files were created do a search for *.wav and specify a date range.
The files are probably on the computer somewhere as they are created directly to the hard drive as you record - n-track just links them together.
Once you locate the files open n-track and use File > Import files to select the files and \bring them in to n=track and save the session again.
A way to name all of your tracks to a unique name is to use File > Save As before you record and created the session with a unique name.
This created the wav files under the name of the song/session as they are created.
After I finish recording, I will use File > Move/rename file to move all of the tracks and the session into a new directory created with the name of the particular song/session.
Let us know if this works.
Hope it helps,
Bax

Up and running! Special thanks to Tony for much assistance solving many difficult issues via private messaging. Thanks to Bax as well. Shows how forum members go out of their way to help people like me stick with ntrack…