Opening Packed song files on your daw

Who’s defaults are left standing?

When you open a nTrack packed song file sent to you from another nTracker,
1… who’s presets will you see?
You should see theirs right?
Now if you make adjustments and then of course save the adjustments.

2…What happens to your own presets?

3…Are they now included in the visitor’s eq, compressor, effects list etc?

4…Or will theirs now dominate and replace yours, in your own songs?
gulp
Pops?
Anyone?

If I understand your question right: you will not see anything as a preset only settings. However if you save those settings with the same name as your own presets then they will over-write yours.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jun. 28 2009, 3:15 PM)

If I understand your question right: you will not see anything as a preset only settings. However if you save those settings with the same name as your own presets then they will over-write yours.

Right.

And also as a packed song file do the effects show up in the effects window opening it in my DAW, if say you used effects before you sent the file to me?
Grüße und Danke El'Pops

Yep - if you have the same plugins they should show as set by whoever sent the file.

Looks like the newer versions of nTrack handels a sgw file diffrently.
Have you opened one up lately?
Wondering if it’s a bugger.
Before when you clicked on the sgw file it would pop up and ask you where you wanted to save the sng file to.
But now ntrack is opening and highlighting a folder.
What’cha see over that away?

I’m tracking right now Levi. I’ll check it out though later. :agree:

Older versions of n opened packed songs by an independent dialog box asking where to save the file.
I’ve just installed the newer version of N, 2479, I had been using 2461.
N now opens, and another window opens from within nTrack, a small line of text on top of the window asks where to save the .sgw

After that, the new version wouldn’t open the sng file until I did a clean install of N.
The process is different but works just fine.

I just installed ver 2480 I think it is - this was an old bug - It’s the same as I recall - open packed song - make a new folder for it - or where ever - it opens automatically no problemos.