Opinions...

me getting married :slight_smile:

I love purple so I am having a Purple/white theme to my wedding, I think i’ve chosen a dress
(the ribbon on the front view will also be purple…)

…you guys like?

Ange x

ps…all we gotta do now is decide on a first dance This could be fun!!!

Asking a buncha skunky old men to comment on a wedding dress?!? Well… okay, I’ll bite. I like the top pic the best. The purple is puuuurrrrtttyyy…

First dance? Why, the “Horizontal Hula” of course! :laugh: You better save that for AFTER the reception though… FIRST dance… hmmm… I dunno. I’m not too hip with the dancing “thang”. (Rednecks just twitch and jerk around and call it dancing! LOL…

D

Yeah, what the hell are you thinking? This is not a panel worthy of answering such questions. We’re liable to suggest the mini skirt and tube top combo.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Oct. 31 2008, 1:56 PM)

Yeah, what the hell are you thinking? This is not a panel worthy of answering such questions. We're liable to suggest the mini skirt and tube top combo.

Red leather mini with a white knit tube top!!

Yeah!! NOW you're TALKING!! WOO-HOO!!

D

PS Oh yeah, black fishnet stockings and shiny black pumps. Not the heavy gaudy fishnet stuff though... Oh, oh... and don't make the heels TOO high. That somehow "cheapens" the look. (As if...) :laugh:

PPS Yep. Men are pigs! LOL...

Is that you or a model in that dress?
All I can say is - I do
Need to see another pic with the purple front ribbon
to be sure. Tonight if possible.

Quote:

The color of royalty, purple connotes luxury, wealth, and sophistication. It is also feminine and romantic.

Not all skunky old geezers!

Mary sez: "She couldn’t look anything but absolutely stunning in that."

I tend to agree. Are we invited?

Okay, okay… have it your way Tom…

-Us skunky old geezers and “The Wanna-be”.- :laugh: Hang in there Tom. The “old” part comes naturally, but you’re gonna have to work on the “skunky”! :p

D

Beautiful…and you will look beautiful as well.

Yoose guys are turds!

You will look beautiful in it Ange! :)

The diagonal waist line is problematic unless you are tall and small-breasted/small-hipped - especially if the front ribbon will also be purple.

If you are large-hipped/breasted or average or lesser height consider a horizontal waist line.

Actually, either way I would suggest that you forego the purple front ribbon - just too distracting from the purity of the lines. You will end up looking as if you have been cut in half (just my opinion - YMMV).

As to first dance - two suggestions:

Either: Beatles, The - Here There and Everywhere; or
Frozen Ghost - Dream Come True

Of course, both of these assume the male perspective in their presentation but you gotta give him something because otherwise the whole day is about the bride!

In case you aren’t familiar with Dream Come True
- here is a link http://s92068243.onlinehome.us/Dream_Come_True.mp3

I dunno, Bill C., seems to me when my wife and I married, it wasn’t about us at all, but about the rest of the family. :)

And Dubious - when I said “not all skunky old geezers,” I was referring to my wife, who is neither - I’ve a fair start on the old part - dunno about the skunky - perhaps moldy…

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 01 2008, 6:42 PM)

I dunno, Bill C., seems to me when my wife and I married, it wasn't about us at all, but about the rest of the family.
:)

Well Tom - I guess it varies from family to family.

In my (albeit limited - two weddings as the groom) experience it seemed to me the day was pretty much about the bride.

Not that I doubted the wisdom of that at the time. In both cases the bride was much better to look at than the groom.

You Know… When Ange comes on here with a topic like this … I think it’s great… It brings out all the Youngest in you… All kinds of ambition with nothing to back-it-up, with… :p :laugh:

I have this ability to Read-Between-the Lines…

She’s really prompting you guys to… Well… Poking at the Fire… to try to keep the embers burning… or… something…

NO… Bill Clarke… :disagree: She’s putting together the lyrics for her own First Wedding Dance… she’s writing…

Bill…

Quote: (BillClarke @ Nov. 01 2008, 6:20 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 01 2008, 6:42 PM)

I dunno, Bill C., seems to me when my wife and I married, it wasn't about us at all, but about the rest of the family.

Well Tom - I guess it varies from family to family.

In my (albeit limited - two weddings as the groom) experience it seemed to me the day was pretty much about the bride.

Not that I doubted the wisdom of that at the time. In both cases the bride was much better to look at than the groom.

Hey, Bill, that's 2x the experience I have, so I bow to your wisdom! It might also be significant that I married a PK.

Hi Angie,
Nice dress, looks perfect.
Congratulations!
Levi

Quote:

You will look beautiful in it Ange!

That is me!
:laugh:
:p

Thanks for all the opinions guys (and skunky old geezers :p
)

I am gonna keep looking for a dress like that one in the uk...gutted to find that one in usa only
:heart-break:
kinda pricey too!

Quote:

Hehe, ours was sooo going that way, we just cut our guest list from over 100 to 20...mums, dads, siblings and best friends. purrrrfect

Quote:

NO.. Bill Clarke..She's putting together the lyrics for her own First
Wedding
Dance.. she's writing..

sorry to disappoint, i've just been working, started gigging again, it's so good to get back on stage, they've been going really really well, setting up a vocal coaching business too, got my first student tomorrow!

keep them first dance suggestions coming...

Ange x

ok, so I am not nearly as beautiful as the model wearing this dress on the first page of my post, so no comparing but, well, I found the dress in a store near me, (admittedly it is two sizes too big and not purple and white but if I go for it then I will order in the right size and colour, anyhoo…)
what d’ya think ???

Ange x

It’ll make a decent ‘reflection’ trap if you hang it in your recording room at just the right spot. :agree: