OT: Tired of setting up...

…and tearing down again!

FYI: I live just outside of Stuart, FL which was Ground Zero for both Frances (100mph winds, Category2) and Jeanne (126mph winds, Category3).

Just wanted to vent that I’m getting VERY tired of breaking down my entire studio, packing everything into the closets and setting everything back up again. But I’m getting NOTHING done!

We were actually very lucky with very little damage (one palm tree toppled onto the house, a few square yards of shingles gone but no structural damage). Even luckier, we were only without power for a couple of days, probably due to the fact that we live in a community beside the Middle School that also serves as the local disaster shelter. Many of the county residents had just gotten their power back on from Frances when Jeanne hit and took the grid down again.

If your businesses or churches or communities work with any of the true, legitimate charities that contribute to hurricane relief be a pal and help out a lot of the people down here who are without power, water, food and homes.

… I’m just one N-user who wishes all these music manufacturers would include transparent Bluetooth-type connections so I wouldn’t have to rewire all my stuff every few weeks!

:cool:

Quote (TimOBrien @ Sep. 27 2004,13:43)
.... I'm just one N-user who wishes all these music manufacturers would include transparent Bluetooth-type connections so I wouldn't have to rewire all my stuff every few weeks!

I don't know. I hate sending *anything* wirelessly for any reason. I'm probobly parinoid (sp??), though.

Anyways, God's blessings to you on the rebuilding thing. The good and bad of nature seem to happen simultaneously, it seems.

Glad you survived with little damage. My daughters who live in Port St. Lucie had some roof damage this time but were ok also. From the images I’ve seen, many others weren’t so fortunate.

I’ve been having the same feeling, but about playing live, not hurricanes! At least I get a choice. :)

BTW, I see 802.11g as more likely than Bluetooth, especially given Yamaha’s MLAN. It’s coming, just don’t expect zero latency. Sure would be nice, wouldn’t it – no plug, just play!