Packed Song Files

On a comp with out nTrack

Anyone know if a PSF will open up ok on a comp that has no studio software of any creed?

I’m thinking of adding 4 or five mp3s into n and saving them as a PSF to email to a player for study purposes. Of course before I’m through with them they will have nTrack. But for now there is no such programs on their comp. Shouldn’t mater egh?

Quote:

any creed?

Probably, as long as you have the correct color and religion. :laugh:
:laugh:
:) nTrack green i think, green backs, vu meter green, grass stain green lol
Pops can tell ya all about that grass stain green :whistle:

If they don’t have DAW software just zip the mp3’s and send it as a .zip.

I don’t use that green - I moved on to Olive dark and easy on the eyes.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 10 2009, 8:01 PM)

I don't use that green - I moved on to Olive dark and easy on the eyes.

:D lol see what did I tell y'all?
He doesn't care what kind of attention he gets, he just likes to get attention :agree:

Do ya think that the orgg vorbus compression would throw his comp into a state of confusion?

Obviously they can’t open a project made with n-Track if they don’t HAVE n-Track… packed or otherwise. Poppa’s suggestion is the best IMO.

D

Your probly lucky they know what mp3’s are. This is a studio in Texas right?! :p

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 10 2009, 8:22 PM)

Your probly lucky they know what mp3's are. This is a studio in Texas right?! :p

Texan:

"Shucks! mp3? Mah truck gets TEN mp3's to the gallin' if'n I don't stomp on the gaas too hart..."

:laugh:

D
:laugh: wyoming: "Ya cain't catch mp3 from sheep can ya?"

Arkansas:

"I mp3 barrrreells of feed in tha cheeken house…"

D

Mithathippi:

“mp3? How you spell that?” :p

D

PS It’s not really funny though… Alabama is not very far ahead of Mithathippi in standardized scholastic testing…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 10 2009, 8:22 PM)

Your probly lucky they know what mp3's are. This is a studio in Texas right?! :p

:whistle: :laugh:
Quote: (Diogesneez @ Apr. 10 2009, 8:21 PM)

Obviously they can't open a project made with n-Track if they don't HAVE n-Track... packed or otherwise. Poppa's suggestion is the best IMO.

D

I think ya can D, it will have a name BIG_D,psf you see it in a folder. You click on the folder and you are promted to choose where you want to open the files. nTrack isn't even in the picture when all that is taking place. Then when you open the folder you see the wav files and the song file if you saved it as a song. I'm just wondering about the ogg vorbus part of it. I guess he would have to have some type of file converter. I've not spent any time working with ogg vorbus. I'm still adjusting to the name :whistle: :laugh:
Quote: (Diogesneez @ Apr. 10 2009, 8:51 PM)

Mithathippi:

"mp3? How you spell that?" :p

D

PS It's not really funny though... Alabama is not very far ahead of Mithathippi in standardized scholastic testing...

Texas is where it's at man! No place better except for maybe Georga, New Mex, Cali, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii, St Thomas Islands lol

Oy… I don’t have time at the moment Levi. Read up on packed song files in the n manual. I don’t know of any .psf file extension other than Adobe PhotoShop proof setup files. I would wager that if you copied an n-Track *.SGW packed song file to a computer without n-Track installed and double-clicked on it, Windows would go "Huh? Whatchu wanna open this with? I ain’t never heard of an .sgw file!"

Wait… yep just tried it. I found an old .sgw file on my audio hard disk and since I don’t have n-Track installed anymore, a double-click resulted in the expected “SAY WHAT?” dialog box popping up.

D

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Apr. 10 2009, 9:40 PM)

Oy... I don't have time at the moment Levi. Read up on packed song files in the n manual. I don't know of any .psf file extension other than Adobe PhotoShop proof setup files. I would wager that if you copied an n-Track *.SGW packed song file to a computer without n-Track installed and double-clicked on it, Windows would go "Huh? Whatchu wanna open this with? I ain't never heard of an .sgw file!"

Wait... yep just tried it. I found an old .sgw file on my audio hard disk and since I don't have n-Track installed anymore, a double-click resulted in the expected "SAY WHAT?" dialog box popping up.

D

Oh ok. Hey thx for checkin that for me! :agree:
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 10 2009, 8:41 PM)

:laugh: wyoming: "Ya cain't catch mp3 from sheep can ya?"

ROTDF!!! :laugh:

In NC

"M drank too many beers, Mp3 times in 10 minutes."

Just zip em Levi.

Could it be opened with Audacity?
I’ll check now.