paid for effex verses free effex

whats the diff?

i mostly use the kajerus classic effex,the free be’s,now im wonderin,what kind a difference the bought ones make,can anyone make a good argument for buyin em?

Simple answer, compare the free kjearhus classic effects with the $$$ golden effects.

If you can’t hear any difference, then go for the freebies.

If you can hear the difference, then decide if it’s worth it. :)

Personally, I started with Blueline, MDA, etc., freebies; but now I only use commercial fx: IZotope, Linplug, Native Instruments, etc. And for me, it’s worth the money.

But, lots of people on here have done lots of good work with freebies.

“use your ears”, as Mrs Spock said to Mr Spock on their honeymoon night. :D

but man i dont wanna spend the bux b4 i know if its worth it,yeah im cheap,so what…

or are ya sayin ya can use it on a demo basis,

Well, you can demo anything, or any software anyway.

Take that how you want, but all I’m saying is; you can demo anything if you look hard enough.

“Try before you buy” is the famous H2O byline; just don’t abuse it that’s all. Just think how you’d feel if someone ripped off your latest compositions.

You can download demo versions of the Gold series.
Most plugs have demos you can try to hear what they sound like and see whether they play nice with your system

I use the Classic series a lot but haven’t downloaded the Gold demos cause I know I can’t afford them so haven’t bothered trying them (why torture myself :))

You’ve got it Richlum.

I did demo them, and was forced to conclude that my grandkids didn’t really need new shoes after all. :D

But Wozz, sell your wife, sell your kids, sell anything! but buy Har-bal! (and OZone or similar) :cool:

That Gold Series Master Pro Limiter was on in the spring for an introductory price. I sat and looked at it as the deadline expired… Now he has posted a late version of it… I could kick myself… I wish I would have sprung for it. Cause I’ll be springing for it sooner-or-later…

The same goes for that Drumagog… It’s the Pro-Version I may as well lay the bucks out…for it…

I know they’re gonna work with the setup I have… I’ve used the “Demo” versions and they have expired…

After you’ve played with the free-and-demo plugs there’s no other place to go but the paid-for stuff… However, there are still a few free ones that I use… But it’s mostly ones that I’ve paid for that I use now…

Those two plugs that I want is gonna cost me close to $500.00 in my money… (loonies)… Then, after I get the Drumagog, I’m gonna be looking for the “Samples” to use with it… Unless I can somehow make my own…

I’ve been looking at that IZotope Page… So, nice, I think that once you’ve started to use “Paid-for” plugs it’s really tough to try to make free plugs do what you want them to do…

Looking back, I believe the first plugs I bought were the DB Audioware set… It’s been so long sense I’ve used them that I don’t think I have them installed anymore… It makes me think that, if something is beyond arm’s reach that you’ve moved-on… ??? :O

Bill…

Funny you should ask…

I posted this very question a few months ago, looking for some different fx I should demo. I came to the conclusion that the $$ ones are in fact better - but not by much. In the case of the Gold vs. Classic series, I compared the Classic comp and limiter against the Gold Limiter and the other Gold comps. That gold limiter (MPL-1) that was mentioned earlier - well, you really have to demo it to believe it. It is REALLY transparent. I would’ve gotten it in a heartbeat, but was looking more for a comp. Here I found that the Classic comp was a bit more harsh in the hi end (this was true for the Classic Limiter as well)than the Golden Compressor. It was only a little bit different, but it was enough for me (sort of like just enought to sound “right” if that makes sense).

Anyway, I demoed everything in the $200ish price range, and ended up getting the Golden Channel cause I liked it the best. A very close 2nd was the WaveArts TrackPlug. Sounded every bit as good as the Golden.

Like previously mentioned, demo some stuff and see exactly what the difference is and decide whether it’s worth the $ for you.

It’s the gold limiter Pro that has my attention… The access to the the level-and-balance controls (of the channel strip) is what sets it apart from other limiters that I have… and use… It’s convienence to the strip that makes the difference to the cost, of it… I think… But, it still works nice…

The big come-on right now is… He’ll throw in both of them for the price of the Pro Limiter… That’s a good deal, as much as I can see…

One day, I’ll get it…

Bill…

Hey wox;

I’m not seeing that offer on the page. What do you get with the MPL-1?

There are two models available… One is the Pro model… the other is the regular version… without the audio controls… I’m one the mail-out offer list… He posted me some mail regarding the offer…
I believe that the offer contained reg. codes for both versions…

I am kicking myself for not buying the pro version when he first posted it (the Pro one) when it got out of bata…

I have the DB Audio bundle but I think this Pro one blows the socks off any limiter I’ve seen…

Bill…

[EDIT]
The offer is good till the end of the month… All I need is… the money…

Oh Yea… [EDIT Again]…

He knows I’m gonna get it… He thinks I’m waiting till he puts the price up again… :O :laugh: He’s got me by the short-and-curleys…