pan position in v5

where are the numbers?

On the v4 mixer, the numerical value for the pan position was displayed just under the pan slider. But that’s gone from v5. Any way to get it back?
…gary

Hi ghall:
I’d like to see those numbers re-appear on the mixer strips… It’s nice to see them when doing a mix session. It gives you some visible idea and shows a numerical number as to where the pan is positioned… in comparison to other tracks that you “Image” by panning…

I just mailed Flavio on another matter… I eluded to that in my mail, to him… Lets hope he addresses that idea…

Bill…

The feature that shows the values in numbers is very useful. In all faders and knobs imo. t’s nice to know you’ve put the slider exactly where it was after a radical tweak try.

The pan value is displayed when you place the mouse over the pan control… But yes… it is nice to be able to see the panning of each channel all at once, at the same time.

<!–QuoteBegin>

The pan value is displayed when you place the mouse over the pan control… But yes… it is nice to be able to see the panning of each channel all at once, at the same time.

This is inconsistant. It was doing it last night, but not this morning. May have something to do with mixer size/layout settings but I can’t figure it out.

ETA: [10 minutes later] Okay… hmm… now it’s doing it! WTF? Like I said, inconsistant!

Hi Cap:
That’s fastenating… What build are you working with? I am on build 2144 here… I got that one last evening and today I’m working on some track rendering … I’m gonna go into the sudio, sometime today… I’ll be updateing the dual-boot machines… They have Matrox G-550 and G-450 cards installed on them… This machine has an ATI AIW-128 Pro card in it… I operate with a screen res of 1024 x 768 on this setup…

Bill…

I’m on 2144 as well. I am not having a good time with this! I’m working on a more thoroug report I will post in another thread probably later today. All my drivers are up to date.

Hi Again Cap:
I haven’t been into the studio yet today… But I hope to get in there to update those machines… But You’re right… I may take them up to build 2142… or when Flavio installed the "Reporting " feature on what ever build that was…

On another front…

I recently installed Nero v7.5.1.1 on this P-111 machine… When I config’ed the install to place icons on the music files I have on these drives, I wish now I didn’t place check-marks in the boxes to have Nero control the .wav files… Now I have Nero icons all over my drives… Too Bad… Nero wants to open all my music files… I need to come-up-with and find a way to re-config that Nero utility… Got any ideas?

Another thing I’d like to work on is… Try another burn project with n-Track’s CD Burner… I would like to play with it’s config menus to see if I can remove the alpha/numeric burn order … or the way it reads .wav files from the drives to the CD Blank… as it writes music to the CD…

I’m thinking… One up-date at-a-time and (not to be too quick) is a good speed to move when up-dating these machines with n-Track…

Bill…

The pan position os in the tool tip that pops up when your pointer hovers over the pan slider. It’s usuable… I’d rather see the pan position where the fader value is and the fader value at the top of the fader.

My .02…

D

EDIT:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Yep, michaelST… I agree, FWIW…

I noticed those were gone too, but it’s not that big of a deal to me. I hover over the pan control, and the tool tip tells me what the setting is. If it needs to be adjusted, i tend to use the arrow keys anyway. The keys give greater control than sliding with the mouse.

tj

Hi teej813 and Everybody:
This current project that I have on this timeline was started back in January … It has seen many builds of v4.1.5 up to and including build 2144… As-well-As… a failed mainboard on the studio P-4 DAW…

It’s not what you use, as your Editor … but what you get used to using…

I’ve just finished downloading build 2146… So I’ll be importing this project into yet another build…

However, I miss seeing a “Numerical Value” on the pan of that strip when I’m playing with it’s image…

Keep the builds coming, Flavio… Thank You…

I see no reason for not downloading and installing the latest builds… as they are posted…

Bill…

Yeah, I really miss those numbers. I think there is enough real estate on the mixer to include both fader and pan position numbers – just move some things around slightly.

…gary

anyone notice the extra buttons next to the mute/solo buttons? they’re like the stereo/mono button for the mains but they have extra options. Anyone know what all those options are? looks like stereo/mono/left/right/and mute maybe. Are these post or pre effects? I would love it if they’re post. I’ve been wanting a way to convert a stereo output to mono. my sidechain compressor requires a stereo input (one side bass, one side bass drum for example) and compresses the bass each time the bass drum hits. The problem is when all is said and done, the bass guitar is still on one side and the bass drum is gone. I’ve been unable to center the bass guitar as a result.

Hi guitars69:
The “Stereo/Mono” switch on each strip has become a 4-Position Switch… My ears hasn’t figured out exactly what they’re hearing… But I’d say it’s a stereo-in-place solo of the effects on the track… There’s a RED -OUTLINE “Stop” on the switch that I hear no effects in that position… DRY and MONO… There’s a bright red and a bright green… then a “DULL” red… The dull red is the strip as it sounds and as you’ve adjusted the strip for the mix… I’m quite sure…

Bill…

Hi Guys:
With build 2148 the pan control on all mixer strips now has a numerical number corresponding to where the track’s image appears in the mix… The resolution is divided into 100 parts from center-to-left and from center-to-right Left-to-Right…

Thank you Flavio for that Great Addition… to the Strips…

Bill…

Yes, thanks Flavio. Also nice that it’s directly editable.
…gary

Back Again:
I have discovered that a “Mouse Click” on the “Pan” number, on any one of the mixer strips, causes the n-Track Desk to Lock-up…

It’s not a “Close exception” but the only way to return to the n-Track working operation is to do a “Ctrl-Alt-Delete”… Then Re-open n-Track… The timeline continues to play to the end of the tracks… the meters show the audio… but NO-GO after that…

The lock-up doesn’t produce a request to create .DMP file. However, I’m sure a .DMP file would be able to locate where the issue might be…

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

I have discovered that a “Mouse Click” on the “Pan” number, on any one of the mixer strips, causes the n-Track Desk to Lock-up…

It’s not a “Close exception” but the only way to return to the n-Track working operation is to do a “Ctrl-Alt-Delete”… Then Re-open n-Track… The timeline continues to play to the end of the tracks… the meters show the audio… but NO-GO after that…

I tried to reproduce this. When I click on the pan number (I assume you mean the number to the right of the pan slider) the number changes to an entry dialogue that I can enter a pan number into (then I can press Return to accept or ESC to cancel). But no lock up. At what point does the lock-up occur? Does the pan number change to an entry box?

X

I “Hover” over the number and “Mouse-Click”… At that instance the Area around the number is “Hi-Lited”… After that there is no further action from the n-track desk…

I’ll post a print screen… of what this looks like, on this end…

I stand corrected… All the mixer screens now work fine except the “Timeline Track Mixer” screen… You’ll see when I “Mouse Click” on the Pan Number that the number hi-Lites but after that the n-Track desk locks up… I believe that the Pan Window should open to a dialogue where a number could be inserted and then accepted… That command works on all other mixer screens… But not on this mixer strip… for wharever reasons… All other mixer windows/screens work correctly…

Very weird… to say the least…

Bill…