Pasted wave form won't play to end

I have recently installed and registered V4 n. I imported a wav; selected an 11 second section in the middle of the wav to be copied and pasted into another track. I enabled destructive editing. When I cut/paste with Shift key held to create a new track with the selected portion, the resulting track plays all but a small portion (0.8 seconds) of the resulting track at the end. What am I missing ?

Any help for a web master with a deadline is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

you tried just pulling the wav border out to see if its all there? sometimes n-track doesn’t pull it all the way to the end automatically…
-Reflex-

you tried just pulling the wav border out to see if its all there? sometimes n-track doesn’t pull it all the way to the end automatically…
-Reflex-

Reflex,

Yes. It’s all there. Just won’t play. Kinda strange, eh?

What I wound up doing, is copying more of the original wav than I needed, and performing the same operation again on the copy, and it worked fine then. Just for grins, I verified the original wave (ripped from my wife’s demo CD btw) was recorded as follows:
Sampling frequency: 44100
Channels: 2
Resolution: 16 bit
File size: 24824k
Length: 2:24.1

The section I needed was at 1:26.20 to 1:37.20

I had to copy 13 seconds in order to have enough wav to extract just the section I needed the second time around. An oddity I don’t have time to resolve right now…deadlines loom.

Thanks for the comments though,
–Don