Payola

J-Lo’s “career” finally explained.

Anybody got a few thousand $$ to buy some airplay?

Payola is still going strong

Seriously, I thought this stuff was highly illegal? (not to mention immoral)

Some things never change John, regardless of laws and such.

Money talks and the best music walks :(

Aparrently Sony is now apologizing and promises to change their ways.

In other words, they are sorry that they got caught and will try harder not to get caught in the future.

Gonna cost them $10,000,000

but john!! that’s fox (faux) news!! it MUST be a lie!!! :D

isaac

Quote (idover @ July 26 2005,09:55)
but john!! that's fox (faux) news!! it MUST be a lie!!! :D

isaac

Sorry, the second article I posted is from yahoo.

HAHA on you farty-pants!

:laugh:

typical right-wing smear of a fine multi-cultural icon! :)

Quote (clark_griswold @ July 26 2005,10:24)
typical right-wing smear of a fine multi-cultural icon! :)

fine (noun) fin: a. Very attractive. b. Having a big booty.

:)

isaac

On a more serious note, how depressing is it to find out that Jessica Simpson really isnt talented, but just hot? And that it costs Sony $4000 to get Franz ferdinand on the radio and STILL no one cares?

Quote (clark_griswold @ July 26 2005,10:27)
On a more serious note, how depressing is it to find out that Jessica Simpson really isnt talented, but just hot? And that it costs Sony $4000 to get Franz ferdinand on the radio and STILL no one cares?

Personally, something about her just ain’t my cup of tea. Same thing with Ms. Lopez, I never quite understood what was so great about a big butt.

Though certainly not great, Franz Ferdinand wasn’t too bad. When I was DJ’ing last year, I used to get promo CDs every month with about 20 or so new releases. The CDs were compiled by an independent company, not one of the major labels, so there was a lot of pretty cool stuff that I got to hear that no one ever cared about because it wasn’t shoved down their throats by Clear Channel. I used to play some of those tracks, but no one seemed to care… They just wanted to hear the new Audioslave, “Shook Me All Night Long” and “Jessie’s Girl” ad nauseum.

:cool:
Quote (John @ July 26 2005,10:41)
I used to play some of those tracks, but no one seemed to care... They just wanted to hear the new Audioslave, "Shook Me All Night Long" and "Jessie's Girl" ad nauseum.

:cool:

Don't forget "Brown Eyed Girl"
Quote (clark_griswold @ July 26 2005,10:58)
Don't forget "Brown Eyed Girl"

Oh sweet Jesus... I heard every cover band that came through that bar where I was DJ'ing play that song, and now I'm playing that same danm song in the cover band that I'm in.

Somebody please shoot me.

:O

I hear you. It’s the highpoint of every wedding in middle America though! :wink:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Somebody please shoot me.

maybe i can help… i’m shopping around for either a 9mm or a .45… :D… hmmmm - glock or beretta?..

isaac

Why comprimise? Get BOTH!

My limited knowledge of firearms (what - a Texan without a gun?!?) tells me that the .45 would mess me up pretty good with one shot, however if you’re gonna go for the 9mm nake sure you give me the ole “two in the chest and one in the head” Godfather style. M-kay?
:p

i’m leaning towards the 9mm… i need something that my girlfriend can handle as well, but still be fun to shoot… shooting a .22 is just not much fun after the first few shots…

beyond that, i’m thinking – crossbow!.. :)… would you prefer the bolt or some lead, john? :D

isaac

Quote (idover @ July 26 2005,13:25)
beyond that, i’m thinking – crossbow!.. :)… would you prefer the bolt or some lead, john? :D

Better go woth the lead, the bolt may only wound me and I’ll still be able to finish playing that danm song.
:D

Actually, I’ve got a toy crossbow that shoot suction cups here at my desk at work. When we get bored we hang people’s photos on the white-board and have target practice. I also like to scare the guy on the other side of the room - I’ve gotten pretty good at hitting the metal thermostat enclosure with the dart - it makes a nice loud “CLANG” when I hit it just right.
heh.

<!–QuoteBegin>

i’m shopping around for either a 9mm or a .45

Ahh quit with the kids stuff already…

Desert Eagle .50 Calibre.

You need a real ‘hand cannon’.

.-=gp=-.

if it requires that i mount a turret on the roof of my car, then… well… i’ll… um… ok, i’m in…

isaac