PC speakers

I have a 5.1 gaming system right now that isn’t flat enough for mixing. I don’t want to spend an arm and a leg of some pro studio monitors (I’m not that serious about it) but have been looking at these as an option http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=922
I’ve tested them in the store and they sound really good…flat, just how I want them. Any thoughts?

When you say that you have tested them, what does that mean? Did you take a known piece of audio and play in thru them?

yes. Anyway, I ended up getting a pair. So far they sound great. Awesome highs and mids. The bass response really surprised me. Of course, at this size, the bass can’t compete with a sub but it’s very punch and responsive. I’m gonna do some mixing and EQing and see how they perform.

I hope you enjoy them. Let us know how you get on - a real world review is worth a lot.

Mark

You know, one thing you can do is rent some tuning gear (reference mic, and a spec analyser) and feed pink noise through ur speakers. Use the analyser to see where the peaks and dips are, and then use a eq plugin (at least 31 bands) on the master of Ntracks (you should have the pink noise feeding from Ntracks) and adjust it to make it nice and flat, then save the plug ins settings as a preset. Make sure you place the reference mic roughly where the middle of ur head would be sitting when you are mixing.

Quote (Dyers @ July 02 2005,23:26)
You know, one thing you can do is rent some tuning gear (reference mic, and a spec analyser) and feed pink noise through ur speakers. Use the analyser to see where the peaks and dips are, and then use a eq plugin (at least 31 bands) on the master of Ntracks (you should have the pink noise feeding from Ntracks) and adjust it to make it nice and flat, then save the plug ins settings as a preset. Make sure you place the reference mic roughly where the middle of ur head would be sitting when you are mixing.

Great tip. I should do this with mine :cool: