Perspectives on Bush's 'Ownership Society'

Excellent example of un-biased journalis

Perspectives on Bush’s ‘Ownership Society’.

This is a Robert Siegel piece on NPR.

Mr Soul

unbiased? on NPR? THAT’S cute

Just listen to it first Clark & then comment.

I have a fairly strict policy of listening to nothing NPR related, but I will give it a shot for you, man.

ok. Interesting clip. Obviously, I tend to agree much more with the first guest than the second, but I will grant you that the second guest made some good points.

I have no problem with risk and he seems to feel risk should not be part of life, apparently. That we should all have a common purpose and have some sort of guarantee. It’s been my experience that NOTHING is guaranteed, death notwithstanding.

I am going to listen again, but I didn’t hear any ideas from the second guest. Did you?

ok. Interesting clip. Obviously, I tend to agree much more with the first guest than the second, but I will grant you that the second guest made some good points.

Well - thank you Clark. That wasn't that hard now was it? :D

The 2nd guest makes alot of valid points defending the existing "social" institutions. He also points out that government has helped people through land grants, etc. There are some economists who say that it is government's fiscal policy that really helped to create the middle class. I happen to believe this myself.

The guy from the Cato institute is really a liberitarian. I'm against school vouchers which he was pushing alot.

Mr Soul

PS - there's a good report on NPR just like that every day. Why is it that you disdain NPR? It's because you've heard that it's a "liberally-biased" news outlet - right? Give it another chance.