PFT

It stands for "I’m Peter F-ing Townsend!"

http://cookiefinger.bandcamp.com/track/pft

BTW, this was an experiment with the bass, messing it up so it would sound roughly like Paul’s.

Hi TomS:

Great…

All you need to do is get that “720” gear’d up and you’d have as good a chance as anyone to replacing Sir Paul at doing the tour circuit…
AND…
making some extra pocket change…
:)
:p
:laugh:

Bill…

Ah, naught bloody loikely, Sir William! :laugh:

Cool. What’s the little ride cymbal (front left)? Works nice with the guit.

The IT/Server Man that was at the house this morning, is a 12 year graduate from electronics school…
We talked this very same topic, while he was here…
He was taught by his instructors, that very same lesson…
Stay away from tubes and hi-voltage…
AND he is a guitar player that has a Marshall 50 watt Tube Amp owner…

All his Instructors are “Post Tube” educators…

What’s he gonna do when he needs that amp fixed ????

Bill…

[edit] Paul ain’t gonna last forever, out on the Circuit… Who’s gonna replace him ????

bass needs more Buick.

AND… a '49’er… Not the Football, Kind… :agree: :) :p

Bill…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Nov. 16 2010, 9:34 AM)

bass needs more Buick.

Damn straight!!!!
:agree:

tony, that's a little ride cymbal. Of the small, inexpensive student model Sabian kind.

Anyway, the cool thing is that this weekend I actually will have real players and not a drum machine with whom to make noise. Got a very fine drummer and bass player heading over.

S’all good. Had a singing friend over today and got some guides down - three tracks, one girl, one guit.

I can remember my Uncle and Aunt driving in from Massachusetts, in 1949 with their brand new 1949 Buick Roadmaster 2-door coupe…
If I remember rightly, it was a two-tone Green with loads of chrome…
and a huge straight eight engine under the hood…
I remember the four louvers on the hood that represented the exhaust ports on the side of the fenders… OR were they on the engine bonnet ???? And great huge white-wall’ed Tires…

What a beautiful machine it was…
They don’t make them like that anymore…
sigh…

Yea know, I was just a kid…
but back then I knew the names or all the cars on the road…
Today, they all look the same…
:disagree:
:)

Bill…

OoHh Man… You’e gonna have a Ball…

Bill…

Where were pete townsend & paul mcartney? i heard roger mcguin & chris hilman but ive have had a few drinks. thats what id rather hear anyway!

tina

They do all look the same! although my son can name them all instantly, nontheless!

So, the bass player spent the last decade in a horror rock group called Penis Flytrap. Among other current projects is this one - I’d not watch it at work, or at home, either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qVnJq3x7cs

And he is a really nice guy.

Quote: (TinaM @ Nov. 16 2010, 3:38 PM)

Where were pete townsend & paul mcartney? i heard roger mcguin & chris hilman but ive have had a few drinks. thats what id rather hear anyway!

tina

Entirely absent, except the thing with the F and G chords on top of the pedal D was ripped off from some part of Tommy, a part I have ripped off before...