Phoo for President!!!

I’m serious - let’s get cranking…

I thought about Willy’s dart comment & he’s right - I’m only really voting for Kerry because I hate Bush.

I think Phoo has demonstrated to me that he’s as capable, fairminded, clear-thinking, fiscally conservative (I hope I’m right about this one), social-minded, etc., etc., as anyone to be President of these here United States, so I’m proposing we start a write-in campaign today!!!

I can issue bumper stickers. Who’s with me?

"I’m only really voting for Kerry because I hate Bush."

Isn’t this the official DNC slogan?

Forgot about the DNC, I’m campaigning for phoo now!

Jesus Christ…what an ass you can be.

Please don’t use that blatantly offensive user name around here, and PLEASE don’t use it even in jest. Only any idiot would post using a name like that.

Fun is fun but there is line that shouldn’t be crossed sometimes.

Just in case anyone doesn’t understand go over to Audiominds and ask…then look up what the name means.

Yes, it was used in a Grateful Dead song…it’s a drug reference implying being a slave to drugs – Mr Charlie being the slave owner/drugs. The other us is more sinister, and VERY racial based, and goes way back.

Please don't use that blatently offensive user name around here, and PLEASE don't use even in jest. Only any idiot would post using a name like that.
I registered the name so no-one else could - I'm getting smarter in my old age despite you calling me an idiot.

However, there's nothing wrong with the name Mr. Charlie despite the controversy surrounding & I'll use it if I feel like it. It's a Grateful Dead song & that's what it is to me. I don't care about the other meanings it has. After all, it fits right into my drug persona - right?

Got to watch that temper if you're going to run for President. ???

You registered it so no one else would implies so no one would use it, yet you are posting under that name?

Not caring about its other meanings hugely offensive meaning shows what about your? Why no register as “slave owner” or “slave boss” or “nigger hater”? Would those be considered offensive in your book? If any one is offensive then MrCharlie should be seen as just as offensive.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang. J. E. Lighter, Editor. NY: Random House, 1994

"Charlie: white men regarded as oppressors of blacks.–used contemptuously. Also Mr. Charlie, Boss Charlie.
[1923 in E. Wilson Twenties 164: Mista Charlie, I hear–I hear the niggers is free, is that right?] … 1928 McKay Banjo 217: We have words like ofay, pink, fade, spade, Mr. Charlie, cracker, peckawood, hoojah, and so on–nice words and bitter."
You registered it so no one else would implies so no one would use it, yet you are posting under that name?
I forgot to log off & log back into MidnightToker. Sorry about that.

Seriously, I didn't know the meaning of "Mr. Charlie" when I used it on audiominds. "Mr Charlie" was a song that was always played at parties I went to in college. The song is forever etched into my brain & I like the song. ####, I didn't even know it was a drug song at the time.

However, it was karmic (and ironic) that I used this log in, without realizing what it meant, and Mac caught me on it. I mean that's really sort of strange don't you think, like Mac & I are somehow cosmically connected in some day, i.e., I mean that we were destined to meet & all that mysto-babble stuff.

But forgot this stuff, I'm serious about you running for President. Do you accept?
Quote (phoo @ Sep. 10 2004,11:34)
Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang. J. E. Lighter, Editor. NY: Random House, 1994
We have words like ofay, pink, fade, spade, Mr. Charlie, cracker, peckawood, hoojah, and so on--nice words and bitter."

Right, that's it - I'm going to write some letters of complaint to the following people;

Jacobs Cream Crackers - How can I ever buy a packet of their biscuits again, knowing the hidden evil it contains.

My local landscape gardener - If he arrives with shovels, that's fine. But if he even hints at calling a spade a spade... well I just don't think I'll be able to hold back my anger.

Lefty Paw Print, LLC - The company behind Pink. How dare they insult our intelligence? - It all makes so much sense now. When she did that music awards show dressed up as a devil. Talk about rubbing our noses in their brand of racist hatred.

Yamaha and Tascam - 'Faders', 'Fade', yes, I've seen these words printed many times in their manuals and even on their products. In fact, I'm going to have a real issue if anyone starts talking about 'fade out' or 'cross fade' on these forums - We all know what you really mean, so don't try and fool us by pretending you didn't realise what these words meant....

Phoo,

if you cut my taxes, you have my vote. Period.

Cheers!

No way. I don’t want the job. As a matter of fact I feel like that anyone that really does want the job must be immensely unqualified or they wouldn’t want it.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 10 2004,11:39)

Seriously, I didn't know the meaning of "Mr. Charlie" when I used it on audiominds. "Mr Charlie" was a song that was always played at parties I went to in college. The song is forever etched into my brain & I like the song. ####, I didn't even know it was a drug song at the time.

However, it was karmic (and ironic) that I used this log in, without realizing what it meant, and Mac caught me on it. I mean that's really sort of strange don't you think, like Mac & I are somehow cosmically connected in some day, i.e., I mean that we were destined to meet & all that mysto-babble stuff.

But forgot this stuff, I'm serious about you running for President. Do you accept?
Mike,
You take my breath away. Political differences aside, can you get any more slippery? Can you mount a greater insult to our intelligence?
Claiming to be "cosmically connected" (sic) to Mac, (the real one), to explain away your subtle racism, while at the same time
feigning ignorance?

And then...posting here under the same name that you were informed of the racist meaning of.

You amaze

Jeff

I can see it now…

Mr. Charlie and friends are out drinking one night… They get the bright idea to stop by the tattoo parlor… The next morning he’s showing off his new tattoo to his buddies at work… they are shocked and horrified…

“What? What’s wrong with a swastika? It’s an ancient symbol for peace and love and life! Hitler? Who’s that? Nazis? Killed a bunch of people? Nooo… Just 70 years ago? I must’ve missed out on that one. Well… I guess I’m stuck with it now…” >shrug<

And then...posting here under the same name that you were informed of the racist meaning of.
But it has more than one meaning - youuuuu nice guy!

The swastika comparison was lame :O

Thing is, over at Audiominds you could claim ignorance.
But now ?

From what I recall, phoo has some deeper feelings about racial discrimination (having to make a couple of tough choices and sacrifices for his standpoint to appose it).

You KNEW that it would offend (especially after the Audiominds discussion, and the close ties between Audiominds and N-Track forum users)

But that goes with the opinion I have of you. It is more important (and maybe more fun) to stir shit than to actually have something important to say.

I used to, but I cannot take you seriously anymore.

<!–QuoteBegin>

However, there’s nothing wrong with the name Mr. Charlie despite the controversy surrounding & I’ll use it if I feel like it.

and then :

<!–QuoteBegin>

Are you sorry you used it, or are you defending your right to use it ?

Seriously, if you’re going to contradict yourself, at least let it be on posts on different pages as to not make it as obvious.

I’m all for letting something slip by if the guy had no clue (Take the Ali example - If I happened to call him a jock before, he would have been pissed off, and i wouldn’t know why, and then we’d probably discuss it, and I would apolagise and we’d get on with it. Now, however, I do know that it is a no-no, and therefore forgiveness from his side would be a little harder to give. And it should be)

You did know that some people will find offence by it, and decided to use it/defend the use thereof anyway.

And Illium’s swastika ref. isn’t that far off…

W.

Edit / It doesn’t matter if the name has more than one meaning.
The one meaning can be so good that they could use it as a aka for Mother Theresa, but unfortunately now there is a very public other meaning to it, and that is how it is now…
Thing is, over at Audiominds you could claim ignorance.
As was discussed in great detail, MrCharlie has more than one meaning. The racial slur meaning is rather obscure IMO. However, I actually thinking it's alittle funny that I did pick a name, w/o realizing that, feeds that drug image that Mac has of me. I ready find it funny that just because I use a name like "MidnightNight", a popular song reference, that Mac insists on thinking that I'm a drug user, even when I say I'm not. Talk about judging a book by it's cover.

You KNEW that it would offend (especially after the Audiominds discussion, and the close ties between Audiominds and N-Track forum users)
Now here's where you are DEAD wrong (pardon the pun). I did NOT know it would offend anyone when I picked it. You can either choose to believe me or not.

Mac accused me of using the name to offend him & others but he was wrong. He has made many assumptions about me, most of which are wrong.

But that goes with the opinion I have of you. It is more important (and maybe more fun) to stir shit than to actually have something important to say.
And you are WRONG again. You can believe this if you want to but you are wrong.

Are you sorry you used it, or are you defending your right to use it ?
As I said, I didn't intend to post as Mr. Charlie - that was an accident.

However, the more attention you guys give to this trivial name, the more it makes me what to use it. And when phoo outright tells me not to use it - that's really gets my dander up.

So it will be true if I use the name now, it will be just to rile you guys up and to prove how petty you guys can be.

And Illium's swastika ref. isn't that far off...
I disagree. The swastika has one & only one meaning - everybody knows that. So the comparison is weak IMO.

Mr. Mike

Then don’t use it unless you intend to offend. Use it if your intension is to stir shit…you’ve said you don’t intend to do that.

<!–QuoteBegin>

The racial slur meaning is rather obscure IMO.

No, it’s not obscure. Even the Dead picked Mr Charlie because if the racial/slave meaning – slave to drugs - drugs being the master…etc. Not knowing that shows your own ignorance.

You pick two names that have drug ties and then you don’t understand how Mac came to those conclusions? Not understanding shows your own ignorance.

<!–QuoteBegin>
I didn’t intend to post as Mr. Charlie - that was an accident.

Then why did you keep posting under that name after one post?

<!–QuoteBegin>
Mac accused me of using the name to offend him & others but he was wrong. He has made many assumptions about me, most of which are wrong.

After reading the many posts made over at audiominds (many have been removed finally) it’s hard to not take it any way. Seems like he’s made many assumptions about you that are indeed correct. To not see them in yourself is to be blind to your own actions.
<!–QuoteBegin>
The swastika has one & only one meaning - everybody knows that.

Yes. There is one usage today for the most part in western culture. Your statement is obviously based on a very limited knowledge of history and other cultures. Almost every one knows that.

The comparison is valid.

Stop using ignorance as reasons for all you do.
I disagree. The swastika has one & only one meaning - everybody knows that. So the comparison is weak IMO.

Yeah, um, spend about 5 minutes (and check out the section with the insense and candles especially) in an east Indian grocery and you will soon find that is not the case at all. That batch of roughly 1 billion people appartantly didn't get the memo and still use the swastika on a daily basis. I suppose the billion or so Buddhists don't count either...
You can either choose to believe me or not.

Umm, thanks.

I choose not.

This is one of the few definitions I could find:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Mr. Charlie
1 - a white man or white people in general.
Variations are: Charlie, Boss Charlie, white men regarded as oppressors of blacks, used contemptuously. Also, Mr. Charlie is probably prison slang for a guard.

So really this is a slang term for all white people. And “Charlie” has several other meaning, unrelated to the above.

<!–QuoteBegin>
You pick two names that have drug ties and think you don’t understande how Mac came to those conclusions? Not understanding shows your own ignorance.

No - I don’t judge anyone & make any assumptions about anyone based on what login name they pick, particarlly one to a popular song. That would pretty stupid don’t you think?

Mac accused me of being a drug taker amongst other things like suggesting that I was worked with “less than a full deck”. You guys didn’t get upset when he said that?

Phoo isn’t a particularly flattering name IMO, nor was the pic you used to use (the pic with all the funny stuff in your hair.) Should I have judged you on these things? If I had, I might have thought you were kind of wacky guy, perhaps even one who did drugs (heaven forbid). No - I judge you on what you post here.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Then why did you keep posting under that name after one post?

As I indicated, I didn’t realize I was still logged on until you had a fit. But you’re not going to believe me so why do I bother?